Taptica in Top 10 of AppsFlyer Performance IndexSource: RNS
10 April 2017
Taptica International Ltd
("Taptica" or the "Company")
Taptica ranked in Top 10 on Universal Index of providers of mobile advertising services
Surged to Top 5 in non-gaming global category and 'Most Improved' in gaming to reach Top 10
No. 1 in non-gaming app retention on iOS platform globally in The AppsFlyer Performance Index
Taptica (AIM: TAP), a global end-to-end mobile advertising platform for advertising agencies and brands, announces that it has been ranked No. 8 in the Universal Index of the latest AppsFlyer Performance Index, which is based on performance in H2 2016. The AppsFlyer Performance Index is the industry standard for benchmarking performance of top media sources in mobile advertising. The Universal Index is the ultimate ranking: cross-region, cross-platform and cross-category.
Taptica was ranked No. 8 in the Universal Index based on its global performance in total app installs and app retention on the Android and iOS platforms in the gaming and non-gaming categories.
· In the non-gaming category of the AppsFlyer Performance Index, Taptica reached No. 4 on the global iOS ranking and No. 5 on Android having improved 21 spots compared with the H1 2016 index. This included reaching the No. 1 spot on app retention on iOS globally and No. 3 on global app retention on Android. Specifically in the North America region, Taptica was ranked No. 4 and No. 3 on iOS and Android respectively, including being in the top 2 in retention for both platforms (iOS: No. 2; Android: No. 1).
· In the gaming category, Taptica was named 'Most Improved' having improved 17 spots in the global iOS ranking to No. 7 and joining the global Android ranking for the first time at No. 10. Again, Taptica performed well in gaming app retention globally, being ranked No. 4 on iOS and No. 10 on Android.
For the latest report, AppsFlyer analysed six billion app installs and 22 billion app sessions during the second half of 2016, with deep regional insights across North America, Latin America, Eastern and Western Europe, Southeast and North Pacific Asia, and the Indian subcontinent.
Other significant findings across mobile channels and app verticals include:
· Facebook remains strong, holding the No.1 position across all regions, categories and platforms
· Apple's new Apple Search Ads offering is a new entrant at No. 3 in the non-gaming category on iOS in North America, including ranking No. 1 in retention, and No. 6 in the gaming category (retention: No. 3)
· iOS and Android media performance in global non-gaming is very similar with roughly the same average scores in overall rankings and retention (but Android has x7 more non-gaming app installs based on greater market share)
Hagai Tal, Chief Executive Officer of Taptica, said: "We are honoured to be ranked by such a prestigious organisation as being in the Top 10 of all media sources for mobile advertising globally - featuring alongside worldwide household names like Facebook, Google and Twitter - and to be in the Top 5 in the non-gaming category. In particular, we have performed extremely well in app retention, which is testament to the strength of our technology in being able to choose the right user. We are also delighted to be recognised as the 'most improved' company in the global gaming category, which reflects the tremendous progress that we have made over the last year. We will strive to continue to improve our position throughout this year and improve our rankings even further."
For further details:
Hagai Tal, Chief Executive Officer
Dominic Emery, Henry Reast, Junya Iwamoto
Harry Chathli, Claire Norbury
+972 3 545 3900
+44 207 597 5970
+44 207 618 9100
Taptica is a global end-to-end mobile advertising platform that helps the world's top brands reach their most valuable users with the widest range of traffic sources available today, including social. Its proprietary technology leverages big data and, combined with state-of-the-art machine learning, enables quality media targeting at scale. Taptica creates a single arena in which brands can scale and engage more relevantly with mobile audiences, staying ahead of the competition. It works with more than 600 advertisers including Amazon, Disney, Facebook, Twitter, OpenTable, Expedia, Lyft and Zynga. Taptica is headquartered in Israel with offices in San Francisco, New York, Beijing, Seoul and London. Taptica is traded on the London Stock Exchange (AIM: TAP).
This information is provided by RNS