Mail.ru Group and Sberbank complete O2O JV dealSource: RNS
Mail.ru Group and Sberbank complete the creation of Russia's leading platform in mobility and food-tech
December 19, 2019. Mail.ru Group (MAIL) and Sberbank have completed the formation of a partnership focused on digital technologies for food and transportation markets. The parties have equal stakes in the JV, with up to 10% of shares to be potentially allocated for the long-term motivation program to incentivize O2O platform's employees. All the necessary corporate governance and regulatory approvals, including the approval from Federal Antimonopoly Service, have been received and all documents have been signed.
The parties will contribute their assets (mobility, grocery delivery and food order and delivery services complementary to the platform), along with investment of up to RUB 64.6 bn if business KPIs are met by November 2020.
According to partners' estimates, the funding being injected into the JV will be sufficient for the platform to implement their full business plans and reach break-even. In the future, the parties may consider bringing in additional partners to facilitate the platform's further development.
● JV's shareholding in Citymobil after the restructuring and investment will reach up to 95% by the end of 1Q20. MegaFon and Aram Arakelyan (Citymobil founder) will keep their minority stakes in Citymobil.
● The parties have agreed to consolidate 100% of the digital platform SberFood, formerly known as Foodplex, including r-keeper ERP platform. As a result of the consolidation Sberbank's current SberFood partners - Rambler Group and GHP Group- will get minority stakes in Delivery Club. JV's shareholding in Delivery Club will reach up to 98.1%
● The parties will contribute YouDrive car sharing service, their stakes in DC Daily, Performance Group, SberMarket and other complementary assets in food-tech and mobility. The parties agreed that the JV will be the only development focus area in respective markets for each of the companies.
● The JV will receive approximately RUB 47 bn from Sberbank and Mail.ru Group in capital investment at the time the deal is closed and an additional investment of up to RUB 17.6 bn if the KPIs are met. In this case, the JV valuation will exceed RUB 100 bn, assuming the KPIs are met.
The corporate governance structure will set up a Board of Directors, which will include 3 members from Mail.ru Group, 3 members from Sberbank and one independent director.
Mail.ru Group and Sberbank members:
● Boris Dobrodeev, CEO (Russia), Mail.ru Group
● Lev Khasis, First Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank
● Anna Artamonova, Vice President, Head of Email and Portal and Instant Messaging Business Units, Mail.ru Group
● Vladimir Gabrielyan, First Deputy CEO, Mail.ru Group
● Andrey Vanin, Senior Vice President, Director Sberbank Ecosystem Development (Sber X)
● Svetlana Kirsanova, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank
The Board will be in charge of the JV's strategy and identify its top priority growth areas. The parties agreed that the Chairman of the Board position will have an annual rotation. Boris Dobrodeev will be elected as the first Chairman of the Board, and in a year's time, a Sberbank executive will replace him as the next Chairman of the Board. The companies in the O2O JV will maintain their current management teams.
Boris Dobrodeev, CEO, Mail.ru Group:
"We'd started collaborating with Sberbank even before the deal was closed, and we saw excellent results. We are pleased to move to a new phase of our partnership that will allow us to fully leverage the synergies of our ecosystems. We agreed that all the expertise in transportation and food tech accumulated by Mail.ru Group and Sberbank will be invested in the development of the new O2O platform. I believe that our joint efforts will have a compound effect, and we will be able to provide users and partners with a platform offering the best deals and the widest range of services."
Lev Khasis, First Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank:
"We've managed to finalize the terms of a complicated deal fast, a deal that involved multiple parties and assets. I'd like to thank all of our partners involved in the deals for their constructive and professional approach when rising up to the challenges we faced. We're happy that all the legal formalities are behind us. Our teams have already run a whole range of integration projects that should enrich customer experience and make our food and mobility solutions convenient and indispensable for a vast number of people. We expect that our joint O2O platform's products and services will be top choice for Russians."
Phone: +7 495 725 6357 extension: 3434
Mobile: +7 905 594 6604
Mobile: +7 (925) 347-83-81
About Mail.ru Group
Mail.ru Group (MAIL, listed since November 5, 2010) is the largest internet business in Russia in terms of total daily audience (Mediascope Web Index Desktop+Mobile, Russia, population aged 12-64 in the cities 100,000+, May 2019).
Mail.ru Group is developing the leading domestic internet communications and entertainment platform. The company owns Russia's two largest Russian language social networks, VKontakte (VK) and Odnoklassniki (OK), leading email service, one of Russia's largest internet portals (Mail.ru), and three instant messaging services. Mail.ru Group's gaming portfolio under MY.GAMES brand includes Russia's largest MMO games and global mobile games. In 2019, Mail.ru Group Tech Lab was launched with a primary focus on technology and innovation development.
Mail.ru Group is a shareholder of AliExpress Russia JV along with Alibaba Group, MegaFon and Russian Direct Investment Fund. The company partners with Sberbank to jointly develop O2O service platform targeting food delivery and taxi markets.
Tel. +7 495 957-57-21
Sberbank is Russia's largest bank and a leading global financial institution. Sberbank holds almost one third of aggregate Russian banking sector assets, it is the key lender to the national economy and the biggest deposit taker in Russia. The Central Bank of the Russian Federation is the founder and principal shareholder of Sberbank owning 50% of the bank's authorised capital plus one voting share, with the remaining 50% held by domestic and international investors. Sberbank has customers in 18 countries. Sberbank has the largest distribution network in Russia with about 14,000 branches, and its international operations include the UK, US, CIS, Central and Eastern Europe, India, China, and other countries.
The bank holds general banking licence No. 1481 issued by the Bank of Russia.
Official websites of the Bank: www.sberbank.com (Sberbank Group website), www.sberbank.ru.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rns.com.