Notice of AGMSource: RNS
1 April 2021
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (the 'Company')
Annual General Meeting
The Company announces that the following documents have today been made available to shareholders:
1. Notice of 2021 Annual General Meeting
2. Form of Proxy for 2021 Annual General Meeting
3. Chair's Letter
In compliance with Listing Rule 9.6.1, a copy of the Notice of Meeting and Form of Proxy have been submitted to the UK Listing Authority via the National Storage Mechanism and will be available in due course for inspection at https://data.fca.org.uk/#/nsm/nationalstoragemechanism
The Notice of Annual General Meeting referred to above is publicly available on the Company's website. A summary of information relating to the Annual General Meeting is set out below.
· The meeting will be held at 11.30am on Friday 7 May 2021 at IHG's Global Headquarters at Broadwater Park, North Orbital Road, Denham, Buckinghamshire UB9 5HR.
· At present, the UK Government prohibits indoor mixing of different households (except for certain exemptions). We are therefore proposing to hold the AGM with the minimum attendance required to form a quorum. Shareholders will not be permitted to attend the AGM in person but can be represented by the Chair of the meeting acting as their proxy.
· We have arranged for a live webcast facility to be put in place which will enable shareholders to join the AGM electronically. Details on how shareholders can access the webcast are included in the Notice of Meeting.
· The live webcast will not include a voting facility, so shareholders are strongly encouraged to vote in advance by appointing the Chair of the meeting as their proxy and to complete, sign and return their Form of Proxy to our Registrar, Equiniti, or register their vote in advance electronically.
· We recognise the importance of being able to answer shareholders' questions. Questions can be submitted in advance or during a designated time of the meeting through the webcast platform. To enable the Board to answer as many questions as possible, shareholders are encouraged to send questions in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including their Shareholder Reference Number (shown on their Form of Proxy). We request that questions be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday 4 May 2021.
· Shareholders will be notified of any changes to these arrangements by stock exchange announcement as required, updates will also be included on the Company's website www.ihgplc.com
For further information, please contact:
Investor Relations (Stuart Ford; Rakesh Patel)
+44 (0)1895 512 176
+44 (0)7527 419 431
Media Relations (Yasmin Diamond; Mark Debenham)
+44 (0)1895 512 097
+44 (0)7527 424 046
About IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 16 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world's largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has nearly 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 due to open over the next five years.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.