Pricing of $1.3 Billion of Senior NotesSource: RNS
ASHTEAD GROUP PLC
PRICING OF $1.3 BILLION OF SENIOR NOTES
4 August 2021
Further to yesterday's announcement regarding the notes offering, Ashtead Group plc ("Ashtead" or the "Company") announces the pricing of the offering of $550 million aggregate principal amount of 1.500% senior notes due 2026 (the "2026 Notes") and $750 million aggregate principal amount of 2.450% senior notes due 2031 (the "2031 Notes" and, together with the 2026 Notes, the "Notes") by Ashtead Capital, Inc. ("Ashtead Capital"), an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Ashtead. The issue prices are 99.741% of the principal amount of the 2026 Notes and 99.745% of the principal amount of the 2031 Notes, respectively. The offering is expected to close on 12 August 2021, subject to customary closing conditions. The Notes will be fully and unconditionally guaranteed on a senior unsecured basis by Ashtead and certain of Ashtead's direct and indirect subsidiaries.
Ashtead intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund the redemption of all of its outstanding 4.125% Senior Notes due 2025 and 5.250% Senior Notes due 2026, including the payments of premiums and accrued interest to the redemption date. Ashtead expects to use any remaining net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
Ashtead's chief executive, Brendan Horgan, commented:
"This is our first investment grade issuance and we are delighted with the support the offering has commanded from investors. Good credit markets and our continued success in the execution of our strategy have enabled us to extend our average debt maturity to 6 years and lower our interest cost."
1. The Notes are being offered in the United States only to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to the exemption from registration under Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and outside the United States only to non-U.S. investors pursuant to Regulation S under the Securities Act. The Notes have not been registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
2. This release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase the securities described herein or any other securities, and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
3. Ashtead is a public limited company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales and its stock is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: AHT). The Company is one of the largest international equipment rental companies, with a network of 1,126 stores in the United States ("US"), Canada and the United Kingdom ("UK") as of April 30, 2021. Ashtead conducts its equipment rental operations across all markets under the name "Sunbelt Rentals".
4. The Notes are not intended to be offered, sold or otherwise made available to and should not be offered, sold or otherwise made available to any retail investor in the European Economic Area (the "EEA"). For these purposes, a retail investor means a person who is one (or more) of: (i) a retail client as defined in point (11) of Article 4(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU (as amended or superseded, "MiFID II"); or (ii) a customer within the meaning of Directive 2016/97/EU (as amended or superseded, the "Insurance Distribution Directive"), where that customer would not qualify as a professional client as defined in point (10) of Article 4(1) of MiFID II; or (iii) not a qualified investor as defined in Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 (as amended or superseded, the "Prospectus Regulation"). Consequently, no key information document required by Regulation (EU) No 1286/2014 (as amended, the "PRIIPs Regulation") for offering or selling the Notes or otherwise making them available to retail investors in the EEA has been prepared and therefore offering or selling the Notes or otherwise making them available to any retail investor in the EEA may be unlawful under the PRIIPs Regulation.
5. The Notes are not intended to be offered, sold or otherwise made available to and should not be offered, sold or otherwise made available to any retail investor in the UK. For these purposes, a retail investor means a person who is one (or more) of: (i) a retail client, as defined in point (8) of Article 2 of Regulation (EU) No 2017/565 as it forms part of domestic law by virtue of the EUWA; or (ii) a customer within the meaning of the provisions of the FSMA and any rules or regulations made under the FSMA to implement the Insurance Distribution Directive, where that customer would not qualify as a professional client, as defined in point (8) of Article 2(1) of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014 as it forms part of domestic law by virtue of the EUWA. Consequently, no key information document required by Regulation (EU) No 1286/2014 as it forms part of domestic law by virtue of the EUWA (the "UK PRIIPs Regulation") for offering or selling the Notes or otherwise making them available to retail investors in the UK has been prepared and, therefore, offering or selling the Notes or otherwise making them available to any retail investor in the UK may be unlawful under the UK PRIIPs Regulation.
6. This communication is directed only to, and is only directed at, persons who (i) are outside the United Kingdom, (ii) have professional experience in matters relating to investments falling within Article 19(5) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 (as amended, the "Financial Promotion Order"), (iii) are high net worth entities or other persons falling within Article 49(2)(a) to (d) of the Financial Promotion Order, or (iv) are persons to whom an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity (within the meaning of section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) in connection with the issue or sale of any Securities may otherwise lawfully be communicated or caused to be communicated (all such persons together being referred to as "relevant persons"). This communication is directed only at relevant persons and must not be acted on or relied on by persons who are not relevant persons. Any investment or investment activity to which this communication relates is available only to relevant persons and will be engaged in only with relevant persons.
Michael Pratt, Finance Director
Will Shaw, Director of Investor Relations
+44 (0)20 7726 9700
Neil Bennett, Maitland/AMO
James McFarlane, Maitland/AMO
+44 (0)20 7379 5151