Directorate ChangeSource: RNS
OCADO GROUP PLC
24 August 2021
Ocado Group plc
Appointment of Non-Executive Director
Ocado Group plc ("Ocado" or the "Company") today announces that Nadia Shouraboura has been appointed as Independent Non-Executive Director with effect from 1 September 2021. Nadia will also be a member of the Nomination Committee, such appointment taking place on the date of her appointment to the Board.
Nadia founded and served as the CEO of Hointer, Inc and a Vice President at Amazon, and is an industry leader in the field of machine learning and robotics. Aside from Nadia's wealth of executive experience, she is an experienced non-executive director, sitting on listed companies' boards in the UK and internationally.
Richard Haythornthwaite, Chairman of Ocado Group plc, said:
"We are delighted to welcome Nadia to the board. She has an incredible array of very pertinent experience which will be very valuable to us as we define the next steps of the extraordinary growth story for Ocado. Without doubt, she will add fresh perspectives and bring her wealth of skills and experience to help us make the most of our technology leadership and our platform as a serial and successful innovator".
Tim Steiner, Chief Executive Officer of Ocado Group plc, said:
"I am very excited to welcome Nadia to the board. I know she will bring to the role a huge amount of relevant expertise working with high growth, progressive technologies both as an entrepreneur and CEO, and as an expert in AI, software development and robotics, as well as great energy and vision. This is a fantastic time to be joining Ocado and we have never been as excited about the future. We are truly delighted to have Nadia on the journey with us".
Commenting on her decision to join the Ocado Board, Nadia said:
"I am delighted to be joining the Ocado Group board at a time of such great change in the retail and technology landscape and with Ocado having so many opportunities to lead this process in ways that will benefit all its stakeholders. I admire what Ocado has achieved so far. But I know that this is only the beginning of the story of a world-class company, dedicated to changing the world for the better through constant innovation. I look forward to playing my part in helping Ocado grow and flourish".
· Tim Steiner, Chief Executive Officer, on 01707 228 000
· David Shriver, Director of Communications, on 01707 228 000
· Martin Robinson, Tulchan Communications, on 020 7353 4200
1. Nadia Shouraboura is currently Senior Adviser to New Mountain Capital LLC, a role she has held for five years. Nadia is a non-executive director of telecommunications group Mobile TeleSystems PJSC (2020-Date); a non-executive director of food retailer X5 Retail Group (2018-Date); and a non-executive director of leading value added distributor of plumbing and heating products Ferguson plc (2017-Date). Previously Nadia held the position of Chief Executive Officer at Hointer, Inc, and Vice President, Technology, Worldwide Operations at Amazon.com, Inc. and was a non-executive director of Cimpress plc. Nadia holds a PhD in Mathematics from Princeton University and a MS in Computer Science from Tel Aviv University.
2. For the purposes of Listing Rule 9.6.13(1): Nadia Shouraboura is currently a non-executive director of Mobile TeleSystems PJSC, X5 Retail Group and Ferguson plc. In the previous five years, Nadia held a non-executive directorship in Cimpress plc, from which she resigned in 2018. There are no further details to be disclosed under Listing Rule 9.6.13R.
3. Details of Nadia Shouraboura's remuneration will be made available in due course on the Company's website www.ocadogroup.com.
Person responsible for arranging the release of this announcement:
Group General Counsel & Company Secretary
Ocado Group plc
Buildings One & Two Trident Place
Hertfordshire AL10 9UL
Fax: +44 (0)1707 228 000
Ocado Group plc LEI: 213800LO8F61YB8MBC74