Completion of agreements to extend partnershipSource: RNS
Ocado Group plc
30th June 2022
OCADO GROUP PLC
Announcing completion of agreements to extend partnership with Groupe Casino
Ocado Group is delighted to announce the completion of agreements to extend its partnership with Groupe Casino. These agreements are consistent with the details of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) announced via RNS on 17th February 2022.
This extension of our partnership includes:
● The creation of a Joint Venture (JV) to provide logistics services to OSP-powered Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in France, which will be available to all grocery retailers
● A partnership for Ocado Group to integrate Octopia's marketplace platform into OSP (Ocado Smart Platform), and allow OSP partners around the world to launch their own marketplace offering (Octopia is a subsidiary of Cdiscount)
● Deployment by Groupe Casino of the OSP In-Store Fulfilment solution across its Monoprix stores
Luke Jensen, CEO of Ocado Solutions, said:
"This is a great milestone for our relationship with Groupe Casino as we extend the partnership in a number of exciting directions."
"Our partnership demonstrates what can be achieved when a major retailer introduces a world-class quality of service online, enabled by unique efficiencies, to French consumers. I'm excited that Ocado Group's cutting-edge technologies are now available to all grocery retailers in France, with the new joint venture leveraging our combined expertise to provide key logistics services for future CFCs."
● Tim Steiner, Chief Executive Officer, on 01707 228 000
● Stephen Daintith, Chief Financial Officer, on 01707 228 000
● David Shriver, Director of Communications, on 01707 228 000
● Martin Robinson at Tulchan Communications, on 020 7353 4200
The person responsible for arranging the release of this announcement is:
Group General Counsel and Company Secretary
Ocado Group plc
Buildings One & Two Trident Place
Tel: +44 (0)1707 228 000