JCDecaux wins iconic Sydney Trains advertising contract including extensive digital billboard portfolioSource: OMX
JCDecaux wins iconic Sydney Trains advertising contract including extensive digital billboard portfolio
Paris, 21 September 2021 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces the successful outcome of one of the largest Out-of-Home advertising contracts in Australia, as Sydney Trains appoints the company as its main advertising partner across the concourses and platforms of train stations for a term of up to 10 years. The win also represents the largest individual roadside Large Format contract in New South Wales (NSW) and delivers unparalleled Digital Large Format opportunities for advertisers.
The new contract will see JCDecaux invest in the upgrade of the 1,500 strong displays across the Sydney Trains Out-of-Home network NSW wide, covering all steps of the passenger journey, from rail concourse to platform, and more than doubling its current digital roadside footprint in NSW.
Many of the developments are architecturally designed with award-winning architect Tzannes to develop the highest-quality aesthetic, sustainable solutions. This includes new high-definition audio visual XTrackTV screens at ten of Sydney’s busy commuter hubs such as Circular Quay station, as well as new digital roadside Large Format portrait and landscape designs.
Stations will see the upgrade and development of all assets with a consistent creative ratio, using cutting edge technology, making the messaging across environments seamless. Some of the rail concourse areas will have never-before seen high impact 4.5m x 2.5m digital video screens suspended from the wall. Existing portrait digital assets will be replaced with close to 300 new 75-inch screens, providing high resolution, quality viewing of campaigns.
The contract commences on 1 December 2021, a few weeks after the NSW Government has signalled an end to lockdowns from mid-October. New developments will start as early as 1 January 2022.
In 2019, pre COVID, Sydney Trains recorded 420 million journeys per year.
Jean-Francois Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “The sheer scale, quality and impact of what our new portfolio across Sydney Trains’ stations and surrounding roads presents a wealth of new advertising opportunities for brands to connect with people travelling around Sydney and NSW. The reach of this network extends not only across Sydney’s CBD, with over 40% of all new sites falling within the City of Sydney, but through to North Sydney, Chatswood, Parramatta and into regional NSW. This is a significant win for JCDecaux and testament to our long relationship with Sydney Trains, as well as our experience in this market. Rail environments are exceptional digital development opportunities with high dwell time audiences, ideal for driving programmatic sales, in which JCDecaux Australia is the market leader.”
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2020 revenue: €2,312m – H1 2021 revenue: €1,082.3m
- Present in 3,670 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10,230 employees
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (4.6/5) and CDP (A Leadership) rankings, and has obtained the MSCI AAA score for the 4th year in a row
- 964,760 advertising panels worldwide
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (329,790 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 advertising panels)
For more information about JCDecaux, please visit jcdecaux.com.
Communications Department: Albert Asséraf
+33 (0) 1 30 79 35 68 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Rémi Grisard
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org