Appointment of Peter BamfordSource: RNS
Spire Healthcare Group plc
(the Company or Spire)
26 May 2017
Appointment of Peter Bamford
The Company is pleased to announce the appointment of Peter Bamford as Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director from the end of its 2017 annual general meeting which will be held later today. Peter replaces John Gildersleeve who today stood down from the Board having previously indicated his intention not to seek re-election at the Company's 2017 annual general meeting.
Peter has also been appointed chair of the Nomination Committee and a member of the Remuneration Committee.
Garry Watts, Spire's Executive Chairman, said:
"We are delighted that Peter has agreed to join Spire's Board, he will bring considerable plc board and leadership experience. The appointment maintains a strong independent presence on our Board and Peter will focus on ensuring that there is an appropriate scrutiny of decision-making whilst the roles of chairman and chief executive officer remain combined.
"On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank John for his leadership of the Non-Executive Directors since Spire listed in 2014 and his contribution to Board discussions."
Antony Mannion, Director, Strategy and Investor Relations
Philip Davies, Deputy Company Secretary
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7427 9000
(1) Peter Bamford is chairman of SuperGroup plc and also chairs their nomination committee. Most recently, Peter was chairman of Six Degrees Holdings Limited from 2011 to 2015 and a non-executive director of Rentokil Initial plc from 2006 until 2016. He was also a director of Vodafone Group plc from 1998 to 2006 where he held senior executive roles, including chief marketing officer, chief executive of Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa and chief executive of Vodafone UK.
Prior to this, Peter held senior positions with WH Smith plc (being a director between 1995 and 1997), Tesco plc and Kingfisher plc. He has served on the boards of public companies for the last 21 years and has extensive experience in developing and growing businesses and brands internationally. Peter was also a director of PRS for Music Limited between 2008 and 2014, being their chairman from 2010.
(2) It is confirmed that there are no further details to be disclosed pursuant to LR9.6.13R (1) to (6) and that Mr Bamford does not currently hold any shares in the Company.
(3) John Gildersleeve has served as Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director since he was appointed in the lead up to the Company's listing on the London Stock Exchange in July 2014.
(4) The Company's 2017 annual general meeting will be held at 11.00am today at the offices of JP Morgan Cazenove, 60 Victoria Street, London EC47 0JP.
(5) Following today's appointment, the members of Spire's Board of Directors are as follows:
Garry Watts - Executive Chairman
Simon Gordon - Chief Financial Officer
Andrew White - Executive Director
Peter Bamford - Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director
Adèle Anderson - independent Non-Executive Director
Tony Bourne - independent Non-Executive Director
Dame Janet Husband - independent Non-Executive Director
Danie Meintjes - Non-Executive Director
Simon Rowlands - Non-Executive Director
This information is provided by RNS