Planning consent at 72 Broadwick Street, CarnabySource: RNS
Planning consent at 72 Broadwick Street, Carnaby
Shaftesbury PLC, the Real Estate Investment Trust that owns a 15.1 acre portfolio in the heart of London's West End, announces that Westminster City Council's Planning Committee yesterday evening resolved to grant consent for the Group's application for its major scheme at 72 Broadwick Street, a 1970s mixed-use building in the heart of Carnaby.
The consented scheme provides for:
· new retail, restaurant and leisure uses;
· relocating the entrances to the upper floors to allow activation of the ground floor frontage on Broadwick Street, at the eastern entrance to Carnaby;
· extension and refurbishment of the remaining office space;
· reconstruction of the residential accommodation, increasing the number of apartments from eleven to fifteen;
· external amenity space for residents and office occupiers at roof level; and
· extensive improvement to the external facades.
The estimated cost of this 70,000 sq. ft. scheme is £32 million. Works are expected to start in September 2019, and complete in late 2021. Existing retail space fronting Carnaby Street, extending to 13,900 sq. ft. will be largely unaffected by the scheme.
The innovative re-purposing and refurbishment of this landmark building, which occupies an island site of 0.5 acres fronting Carnaby Street, will deliver much-improved commercial and residential accommodation as well as major sustainability and aesthetic benefits. The creation of new retail, restaurant and leisure space will add to Carnaby's world-renowned reputation as the liveliest destination in London's West End.
See following link for image
For further information:
Shaftesbury PLC 020 7333 8118
Brian Bickell, Chief Executive
Chris Ward, Finance Director
RMS Partners 020 3735 6551
MHP Communications 020 3128 8771
Oliver Hughes/Reg Hoare
5 June 2019
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.