Rosneft Oil Company held its Annual General Shareholder Meeting.
Rosneft shareholders approved record high dividends for 2019. The total amount including the interim pay-out for the first half year will come to 354.1 bln rubles which is 50 % of the IFRS net profit attributable to Rosneft shareholders.
The Annual General Shareholder meeting was held on June 2, 2020. The owners of 90.8% of Rosneft shares took part in the meeting.
The meeting approved the annual report, accounting statements and distribution of Rosneft net profit for 2019. The shareholders also made a decision to pay 191.5 bln rubles as dividends on Rosneft shares for 2019 (18 rubles 07 kopecks per one outstanding share). In accordance with the dividend policy of the Company the dividends are paid to the shareholders two times a year. For the first half year the dividends amount was 162.6 bln rubles (15.34 rubles per one outstanding share). Therefore, the total dividend per share for 2019 is 33 rubles 41 kopecks, and the total pay-out amount is 354.1 bln rubles.
The date of closure of the register for the dividend pay-out was set - June 15, 2020. The dividends will be paid to the nominal holders of shares and fiduciaries not later than June 29, 2020 and to other holders of shares registered in the shareholders register not later than July 20, 2020.
The shareholders elected the new Board of Directors comprising 11 persons as follows:
· Faisal Alsuwaidi - a representative of Qatar Investments Authority, a member of the Board of Trustees of Qatar University;
· Hamad Rashid Al Mohannadi - Member of the Board of Trustees at Abdullah Bin Hamad Al-Attiyah International Foundation for Energy and Sustainable Development, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Qatar Community College;
· Matthias Warnig - Executive Director of Nord Stream 2 AG (Switzerland), an independent director;
· Viyugin Oleg Vyacheslavovich - Professor at the School of Finance, Economics Department, National Research University - Higher School of Economics, an independent director;
· Robert Dudley - Consultant, BP Russian Investments Limited;
· Bernard Looney - Director, Member of the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, BP p.l.c.;
· Novak Alexander Valentinovich - Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation;
· Oreshkin Maxim Stanislavovich - Aide to the President of the Russian Federation;
· Hans-Joerg Rudloff - Chairman of the Management Board of Marcuard Holding, an independent director;
· Sechin Igor Ivanovich - Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft Oil Company;
· Gerhard Schroeder - Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nord Stream 2 AG (Switzerland), Chairman of the Shareholders Committee of Nord Stream AG (Switzerland), an independent director.
The meeting passed a resolution to elect an Audit Commission comprising 5 persons and approved Ernst and Young LLC to be the auditor of Rosneft Oil Company and set the remuneration amount for the members of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.