Fitch Rating UpdateSource: RNS
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (BBVA), in compliance with the Securities Market legislation, hereby communicates the following:
Fitch Ratings (Fitch) has announced the modification of BBVA´s senior preferred debt long term rating to A- with stable outlook from A with Rating Watch Negative. This rating change has been driven by the modification of BBVA's long term Issuer Default Rating to BBB+ with stable outlook from A- with Rating Watch Negative.
Additionally, Fitch has also modified the ratings of the following BBVA products:
● Long term senior non preferred debt: BBB+ from A-.
● AT1 debt: BB from BB+.
● Subordinated debt lower Tier 2: BBB- from BBB; and subordinated debt upper Tier 2: BB+ from BBB-.
● Long term deposits rating: A- from A; and short term deposits rating: F2 from F1.
● Legacy preferred debt: BB- from BB.
● Short term senior preferred debt: F2 from F1.
● Derivative counterparty rating: A-(dcr) from A(dcr).
Madrid, June 22nd 2020
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rns.com.