The Board of Directors meeting was held after the results of the Annual General Shareholders Meeting were concluded. Ravil Maganov was elected Chairman of the newly elected Board of Directors of PJSC LUKOIL. Victor Blazheev was elected Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors also recognized Victor Blazheev as an independent member of the Board of Directors despite the formal criteria of association with the Company resulting from his service on the Board of Directors exceeding 7-year tenure. According to the opinion of the Board this association does not affect his ability to make independent, objective and bona fide judgements based on his professional experience and knowledge. This procedure was carried out pursuant to the Company Charter, the Moscow Exchange Listing Rules and the Corporate Governance Code.
Among other things it was noted in the resolution that the term of office of V.Blazheev on the Board of Directors does not exceed 12 years*. Besides V.Blazheev:
- has not been and is not employed by the Company,
- is not a member of the executive bodies of the Company or its controlled entities,
- does not own any shares in the Company,
- has not received and does not receive any compensation from the Company or its controlled entities other than his Board/Committee/Chairman of Audit Committee fee for the service on the Board of Directors of PJSC LUKOIL ,
- has not rendered and does not render consulting services to the Company or its affiliates,
- has no association with significant shareholders, significant counterparties or competitors of the Company, governmental authorities or municipalities,
- does not represent interests of any particular shareholders.
The Board of Directors formed the committees of the Board of Directors comprising as follows.
1. Victor Blazheev (Chairman)
2. Pavel Teplukhin
3. Sergei Shatalov
Human Resources and Compensation Committee
1. Roger Munnings (Chairman)
2. Victor Blazheev
3. Wolfgang Schüssel
Strategy, Investment and Sustainability Committee
1. Sergei Shatalov (Chairman)
2. Toby Gati
3. Nikolai Nikolaev
4. Leonid Fedun
* Pursuant to the Moscow Exchange Listing Rules, a member of the Board of Directors whose term of office in aggregate exceeds 7 years but does not exceed 12 years may not be deemed associated with the company if the company's board of directors takes a relevant justified decision.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.