30 September 2020
J D WETHERSPOON PLC
Revised results date
JD Wetherspoon plc announces that the results for the year ended 26 July 2020 will now be released on 16 October 2020, not 9 October 2020 as previously disclosed. This revised date will allow the company and the auditors to complete their work.
There are no matters in connection with the delay in completing the audit, which, in the view of the Board, need to be brought to the attention of shareholders.
John Hutson Chief Executive Officer 07970 477377
Ben Whitley Finance Director 07970 477428
Eddie Gershon Company Spokesman 07956 392234
Please send any questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
1. J D Wetherspoon owns and operates pubs throughout the UK. The Company aims to provide customers with good-quality food and drink, served by well-trained and friendly staff, at reasonable prices. The pubs are individually designed, and the Company aims to maintain them in excellent condition.
2. Visit our website: www.jdwetherspoon.com
3. This announcement has been prepared solely to provide additional information to the shareholders of J D Wetherspoon, to meet the requirements of the FCA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules. It should not be relied on by any other party, for any other purposes. Forward-looking statements have been made by the directors in good faith, using information available up until the date on which they approved this statement. Forward-looking statements should be regarded with caution, because of the inherent uncertainties in economic trends and business risks.
4. This announcement contains inside information on J D Wetherspoon plc.
5. The current financial year comprises 52 trading weeks to 25 July 2021.