Appointment of Non-Executive DirectorsSource: RNS
21 October 2020
Appointment of Mohit Joshi and Jim McConville
as Non-Executive Directors of Aviva plc
Aviva plc ("Aviva" or the "Company") announces the appointment of Mohit Joshi and Jim McConville as Independent Non-Executive Directors of the Company with effect from 1 December 2020.
Jim and Mohit bring significant experience in retail financial services and operational and IT transformation to the Board. Jim was previously Group Finance Director of Phoenix Group, where he was responsible for all aspects of the Group's financial strategy and management and during which he led the transition programme bringing Phoenix and Standard Life Assurance together. Prior to that he was Chief Financial Officer of Northern Rock from 2010-2012, and prior to that worked for Lloyds TSB Group (now Lloyds Banking Group plc) in a number of senior finance and strategy related roles. Jim is currently a Non-Executive Director of Tesco Bank.
Mohit is a President of Infosys, a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. He heads the Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences business verticals for the company and is the Chairperson for EdgeVerve, their Software subsidiary. Mohit joined Infosys in 2000 after an initial career in Banking and has over 24 years of professional experience working across the US, India, Mexico, and Europe.
Jim will assume the role of Chair of the Customer, Conduct and Reputation Committee and will become a member of the Audit, Risk and Nomination and Governance Committees. Mohit will become a member of the Risk and Nomination and Governance Committees.
George Culmer, Chairman, said:
"We are delighted to welcome Mohit and Jim to the Board. Their tremendous expertise adds significantly to the skills and experience of the Board. Jim is an experienced CFO and Mohit a renowned business leader in technology and transformation, and their collective knowledge of our industry will ensure Aviva continues to move at pace."
Andrew Reid +44 (0)7800 694 276
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)7800 694 859
Diane Michelberger +44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
· In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R(1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Jim McConville and Mohit Joshi.
· At the date of this announcement, Mohit Joshi and Jim McConville have no beneficial interest in ordinary shares of Aviva.
· For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
· Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives - to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being 'with you today, for a better tomorrow'.
· Our vision is to earn our customers' trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
· We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
· Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
· For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
· You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
· You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
· For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
· We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.