Company Announcements

Rent Collection Update

Source: RNS
RNS Number : 6116L
Helical PLC
14 January 2021

14 January 2021



("Helical" or the "Group" or the "Company")



Helical today provides details of the December 2020 quarter's rent collection to date and an update on the rent collection for the June and September quarters.

December Rent Quarter

81.8% of all rent contracted and payable on the December quarter day has been collected with a further 10.6% to be collected under payment plans by the March quarter day. Of the balance, rent holidays have been granted on 3.5%, mainly to F&B occupiers, leaving 4.1% subject to ongoing discussions with tenants.


This quarter's proportion of rent collection is slightly down on the corresponding date for the September quarter following the sale of three buildings in Manchester in November 2020 and the impact of a tenant who, following the expiry of a  rent-free period  in October 2020, has yet to pay its  rent.


June and September Rent Quarters

91.8% of the June quarter's rents due have been collected to date. Of the remaining 8.2%, Helical has granted rent concessions on 4.4% and discussions continue on the remaining 3.8%.

90.5% of the September quarter rents due have been collected to date. Of the remaining 9.5%, Helical has granted rent concessions on 3.1% and discussions continue on the remaining 6.4%.


For further information, please contact:


Helical plc

020 7629 0113

Gerald Kaye (Chief Executive)

Tim Murphy (Finance Director)


5 Hanover Square, London, W1S 1HQ




FTI Consulting

020 3727 1000

Dido Laurimore/Richard Gotla


This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact or visit

RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange use the personal data you provide us, please see our Privacy Policy.