30 November 2021
Aviva completes sale of Aviva Poland
Aviva plc ("Aviva") today announces the completion of the sale of its entire shareholding in Aviva Poland1 to Allianz for cash consideration of €2.5 billion2. The transaction was announced on 26 March 2021.
1. Comprising Aviva's interests in Poland and Lithuania.
2. Cash consideration received on completion of £2.0 billion (€2.4 billion), net of dividends paid in 2021 and other completion adjustments. Converted using FX rate of £1/€1.1652 which allows for the impact of currency hedging.
Andrew Reid +44 (0)7800 694 276
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea +44 (0)7385 494 440
Tegan Gill +44 (0)7800 691 138
Notes to editors:
· For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
· We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being 'with you today, for a better tomorrow'. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
· Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
· Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
· We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
· At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
· For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
· You can follow us on:
o Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
o LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
o Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
· For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva