Publication of 2021 Sustainability ReportSource: RNS
20 June 2022
Annual Sustainability Report published summarising a further year of progress
Rotork Plc ('Rotork'), the global flow control and instrumentation group, has today published its Sustainability Report for the year ended 31 December 2021.
Kiet Huynh, CEO, Rotork said:
"Sustainability is core to Rotork's purpose and a key part of our growth agenda. From our first actuators sold in the 1950s to those of the present day, our focus has always been on driving positive outcomes for our customers through our products and services - what we describe as our environmental 'handprint' - by improving reliability, ensuring safety, and enabling energy efficiency and reducing emissions for our customers.
As the world strives for sustainability, we are seizing the opportunity to be part of the solution. We are well positioned to provide products which will help our customers achieve their emissions and water use targets and our 'eco-transition portfolio' will drive our growth for years to come. Our 2021 Sustainability Report, published today, illustrates the pivotal role we play in enabling a sustainable future."
Key highlights from the report include:
· Our 'Eco-transition portfolio' of products and services, with examples of projects that Rotork is supporting in each of the three sub-portfolios: 'Methane emissions reduction', 'New energies & technologies' and 'Water and wastewater'. Case studies cover our role in global climate agreements, methane emission abatement, lithium production, low-carbon chemical production, hydrogen market opportunities, energy efficiency measures, and water management in desalination, water treatment and purification
· Further progress in implementing the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), including the outputs of our work to quantify the potential impacts of climate risks and opportunities
· Our net-zero roadmap and science-based targets for scopes 1 & 2 and scope 3, and how these are being integrated into corporate strategy, new product development and our governance processes
· Expanded disclosures on environmental, social and governance topics as part of our commitment to transparency and meeting the requirements of our stakeholders
· Progress on our diversity and inclusion initiatives during the year, including refreshed schemes to develop young talent and our new 'women@rotork' initiative to support female talent
· Continued good progress in Rotork's own ESG performance, including a reduction of 7% in carbon emissions and 17% in lost time injury rates, as well as achieving high rankings in key external ESG ratings
Rotork's 2021 Sustainability Report has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards: Core option. It also provides disclosures against the SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board) framework. Alignment to these frameworks has been independently checked by Corporate Citizenship. The full Sustainability Report is available to view or download from the Company's website at www.rotork.com/esg
Rotork will publish 2022 half-year results on Tuesday 2 August 2022.
Rotork plc Tel: +44 (0)1225 733 200
Andrew Carter, Investor Relations Director
FTI Consulting Tel: + 44 (0)20 3727 1340
Nick Hasell / Susanne Yule
Rotork is a market-leading global provider of mission-critical flow control and instrumentation solutions for oil & gas, water and wastewater, power, chemical, process and industrial applications. We help customers around the world to improve efficiency, reduce emissions, minimise their environmental impact and assure safety. Rotork employs about 3,200 people, has manufacturing facilities in 17 locations and serves 170 countries through a global service network. Its shares have a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: ROR) and are a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. For more information please visit www.rotork.com.