Marks and Spencer Group PLC
MARKS AND SPENCER GROUP PLC ANNOUNCES INTERIM CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Marks and Spencer Group plc today announces that Jeremy Townsend is joining the business as Interim Chief Financial Officer. Jeremy joins on 22nd November and will report into Chief Executive Officer, Stuart Machin.
Stuart Machin, Chief Executive Officer commented: "I am very pleased to welcome Jeremy to our leadership team. Over the last three years we have built a strong finance team, and Jeremy will be an excellent addition, bringing with him a wealth of financial leadership experience, as we accelerate our plans to reshape M&S for growth."
Jeremy has held senior financial and non-executive roles across several public companies and most recently, was Group CFO Rentokil Initial Plc.
Following the announcement on 21st July, M&S can confirm that Eoin Tonge will step down from the Board on 9th December and will leave the business on 19th January ensuring a thorough handover to Jeremy.
This announcement has been made in accordance with the requirements of LR 9.6.12 of the UK Listing Rules.
Notes to editors:
Jeremy Townsend Biography:
· 2010-2020: Rentokil Initial PLC - Group CFO
· 2005-2010: Mitchells & Butlers - From 2008 - Group Finance Director
· 1997-2005: Sainsbury's - From 2004 - Director of Corporate Finance
· 1985-1997: Ernst & Young - From 1992, Senior Manager M&A
· 2020-Present: NHS England
· 2020-Present: PC Cussons plc
· 2020-2021: Morrisons plc
· 2015 to Present: Parkrun Global