Board change and name changeSource: RNS
6 March 2023
Shaftesbury Capital PLC
("Shaftesbury Capital" or the "Company")
Board Changes and Name Change
Today Shaftesbury Capital announced the successful completion of the recommended all-share merger of Capital & Counties Properties PLC and Shaftesbury PLC to form Shaftesbury Capital PLC (the "Combined Group") (the "Merger").
As a result of the Merger, the board of directors of Shaftesbury Capital is pleased to announce the following appointments, with effect from today, 6 March 2023:
· Jonathan Nicholls, as the Non-executive Chairman and Chair of the Nomination Committee of the Combined Group;
· Chris Ward, to the executive director position of Chief Operating Officer of the Combined Group;
· Richard Akers, as the Senior Independent Director and member of the Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee, Nomination Committee and ESC Committee of the Combined Group;
· Jennelle Tilling, as a Non-Executive Director, Chair of the Remuneration Committee and member of the Audit and Nomination Committee of the Combined Group;
· Ruth Anderson, as a Non-Executive Director, Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Remuneration Committee and Nomination Committee of the Combined Group; and
· Helena Coles, as a Non-Executive Director, and member of the Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee, Nomination Committee and ESC Committee of the Combined Group.
Henry Staunton (Chairman) and Jonathan Lane OBE (Non-Executive Director) have each resigned as directors of the Company with effect from today, 6 March 2023. Due to the merger Michelle McGrath (Executive Director), has stepped down as a director on the Board of the Company with effect from today, 6 March 2023 and has joined the Executive Committee of the Company. Michelle will have responsibility for the leadership of the enlarged Covent Garden portfolio and will support the Chief Executive in the development of Group strategy.
Further Information on Directors
Chris Ward was Chief Financial Officer of Shaftesbury PLC and is an executive director of Shaftesbury Carnaby plc and Shaftesbury Chinatown plc.
Jonathan Nicholls was Chairman of Shaftesbury PLC and previously a non-executive director of DS Smith plc. Jonathan is also Chairman of Ibstock plc.
Richard Akers was a non-executive director and senior independent director of Shaftesbury PLC, and previously a non-executive director of Barratt Developments PLC and Unite Group plc. Richard is also Chair of Redrow plc.
Jennelle Tilling was a non-executive director of Shaftesbury PLC. Jennelle is currently a non-executive director of Camelot Group.
Ruth Anderson was a non-executive director of Shaftesbury PLC and previously a non-executive director of Ocado Group plc, Travis Perkins plc and Coats Group plc.
Helena Coles was a non-executive director of Shaftesbury PLC. Helena is also a non-executive director of JPMorgan Emerging Markets Investment Trust Plc and Schroder Japan Growth Fund plc and an independent investment advisor to the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust.
There is no further information to be disclosed pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13.
The Company confirms that it has today changed its name to Shaftesbury Capital PLC. Trading in the Company's shares under the new name of Shaftesbury Capital PLC will take effect on the LSE at 8.00 a.m. (London time) and on the JSE at 10.00 a.m. (Johannesburg time) on 7 March 2023 under TIDM (ticker symbol) "SHC".
The New Capco Shares will trade under ISIN GB00B62G9D36.
Defined terms used but not defined in this announcement have the meanings set out in the prospectus for admission to listing and trading of New Capco Shares which was published on 7 July 2022 (which is available on the Company's website).
+44 (0)20 3214 9150
Desna Martin, Group Company Secretary
Ruth Pavey, Company Secretary