Nordson Sealant Equipment Launches New JetStream™ Automated Cartridge DispenserSource: Business Wire
New system enables aerospace manufacturers to improve quality, consistency and production speed with the efficient application of sealant from pre-mixed cartridges.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180711005595/en/
Improve quality, consistency and production speed with the efficient application of sealant from pre-mixed cartridges in aerospace assembly operations. (Photo: Business Wire)
The new JetStream™ robot-mounted product is ideal for the application of pre-mixed sealant materials in assembly operations such as wing spar, panel, fuselage or aircraft door sealing, and applied to processes such as A-dimension covering, fastener doming or small beads for joint sealing.
Using the system, manufacturers benefit from:
- Elimination of rework – significantly reducing process time through the robotic application of accurately metered material, for assured quality every time
- Automation of a manual process – consistent and accurate automatic application increases production first-pass quality and reduces material costs and unnecessary structure weight
Designed specifically for sealant dispensing applications in aerospace manufacturing, the robot mounted JetStream™ system features an articulating cartridge holder that opens to load and unload pre-mixed cartridges. Additionally, its built-in volumetric dispense valve assembly eliminates material supply hoses and increases the accuracy of bead, volume and placement through automation.
Features and benefits include:
- Automated tool changer interface enables immediate, on the fly, applicator changes
Three interchangeable applicator designs, for maximum versatility:
- Brush Applicator (BA), suitable for the material spreading / application of primer material
- Two types of Sealant Applicator for the application of sealant materials (cleanable, re-usable SA version and the SA-EZ version that features a disposable fluid section design for 'EZ' changeover)
- Precision piston seal design prevents wasted material and maximizes usage per cartridge
- Cartridge containment design limits impact of cartridge dimensional inconsistencies from the material manufacturer
- System monitors material level, temperature, time, pressure and valve positions for full process control
- Changeover from a used cartridge to a new cartridge is completed in seconds, further reducing downtime and overall cycle time
Automated Cartridge Dispenser complements the existing
Address and contact numbers:
28775 Beck RD
About Nordson SEALANT EQUIPMENT
Tim Campbell, +1 248-412-7920