Intuit ProConnect Group Introduces New Updates to ProSeries® and Lacerte® for Tax Year 2018Source: Business Wire
New tax software for professionals helps tax pros prepare for the
upcoming tax season with
Tax Reform Ready
Both ProSeries and Lacerte will be up-to-date with
Tax pros are also invited to take advantage of Intuit’s recently updated
ProSeries Tax Year 2018 Updates
There are several new features and productivity enhancements for ProSeries, including:
- New viewing options for Forms in Use: In ProSeries Professional, tax professionals can now customize their view for easier navigation in complex returns, with the option to collapse sub forms, such as K-1 worksheets, asset worksheets and source documents like 1099 or W-2. In addition, the active form will appear in white highlight within the forms bar to help quickly navigate when reviewing returns.
Federal business returns added for client queries: Tax pros can
now run 18 new client analyzer queries across four types of federal
business returns: 1120
Federal Corp, 1120 Federal S Corp, Partnership 1065, and Estates and Trusts. Plus, the option to export reports to Excel – helping increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Optimized resolution: For high-resolution monitors, text size, buttons, and other elements will now automatically adjust to the screen for a clear view.
- Customer Service: There will be an enhanced self-help system including help articles and FAQs, peer community answers, and tips.
Overall, there are 89+ new forms and 27+ new e-file capabilities to help
tax pros handle complex scenarios in ProSeries. ProSeries Professional
will be available for download on
Lacerte Tax Year 2018 Updates
For Lacerte, new features and productivity enhancements, include:
- Quarterly payment estimates in one step: Support e-filing for four quarterly estimated payments in one transmission step for key states - all with improved estimated payment wizard.
- Client log access controls: Give firm administrators the ability to decide which staff members have access rights to clear client logs. Gain more control to help avoid unauthorized use of Lacerte software.
Unlimited cities in one return: Save time with the ability to
file a single return with an unlimited number of cities for these four
Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvaniaand Kentucky.
- Security: Includes an additional level of data encryption to help further protect data and in-product security tips.
- Customer Service: More staff on-hand to take calls, plus, new “Hold My Spot” feature has been added so tax pros won’t have to wait on hold.
In addition, Lacerte has added partner and oil gas data management, partner search acceleration to save time on complex partnership returns, and link enhancements to quickly track each client’s recent activity and update information on their behalf. Lacerte 2018 is now equipped with 107+ new forms and 59+ new e-file capabilities to handle complex scenarios and is available for download.
Be sure to visit your Personalized Training Portal, to find training modules with content, videos and webinars about these features and more tax professional software. For more information about Lacerte® and ProSeries® please visit proconnect.intuit.com.
Intuit’s mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. Our global products and platforms, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo, are designed toempower consumers, self-employed and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Our innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves approximately 50 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one. Please visit us for the latest news and in-depth information about Intuit and its brands and find us on social.
Stephanie Friswell, 214-387-2958