Starbucks to Enhance Industry-Leading Starbucks® Rewards™ Loyalty ProgramSource: Business Wire
More choice and ability to immediately earn Stars among updates to bring instant value to more than 16M members
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190319005209/en/
The industry-leading Starbucks Rewards program - introduced in 2009 -
continues to surge in popularity. Membership has grown more than 25%
over the past two years alone, climbing to 16 million active members as
“Since introducing Starbucks Rewards ten years ago, we’ve experienced
tremendous growth and continued to evolve the program to meet the
changing needs and purchase patterns of our customers,” said
Program updates, effective
- Easier and Faster: All Starbucks Rewards members earn Stars toward free Rewards from the day they join, bringing immediate value to customers. This change means members can earn enough Stars to redeem a Reward in as few as 2-3 visits.
More Choices: A new, tiered1 Rewards structure will
replace the current single option at participating
Starbuckslocations, offering customers more ways than ever to use their Stars toward free items:
- 25 Stars: Extra Espresso Shot, Dairy Substitute or Additional Flavor
- 50 Stars: Brewed Hot Coffee, Hot Tea or select Bakery Items
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted Drink, Hot Breakfast or Yogurt Parfaits
- 200 Stars: Lunch Sandwich, Protein Box or Salad2
- 400 Stars: Select Merchandise or Packaged Coffee
No Star Expiration for
Chase Credit/Debit Cardholders: Stars earned by Starbucks Rewards Visa Credit and Prepaid members will no longer expire3
These enhancements build on existing program benefits that will remain
available to all members. In addition to earning 2 Stars for every
For more information about Starbucks Rewards, please visit us here.
1 Tiered Rewards available at participating locations only.
2 Lunch Sandwich, Protein Box or Salad can be redeemed for 250 Stars in
3 Under the Starbucks Rewards Program, Stars earned do not expire as long as the member’s Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Prepaid Card or Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Credit Card account is open. If the member’s Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Prepaid Card account or Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Credit Card account is closed for any reason, Stars will expire six (6) months from the calendar month in which the account was closed.
4 To qualify for the Birthday Reward, a member must have made at least one Star-earning transaction using the member’s registered Starbucks Card.
Starbucks Coffee Company