Humana Launches Oncology Model of Care Program to Improve the Patient Experience and Health Outcomes in Cancer CareSource: Business Wire
Inaugural Participants Located Across America
Humana’s national Oncology Model of Care (OMOC) program aims to improve the patient experience and health outcomes for patients with new or recurrent cancer diagnoses, through provider delivery of coordinated, cost-effective care. Humana offers analytics to support providers, and will provide compensation for enhanced care navigation based on incremental evaluation of quality and cost within several key care components – including inpatient admissions; emergency room visits; medical and pharmacy drugs; laboratory and pathology services; and radiology - as determined by metrics that address access to care, clinical status assessments, and patient education.
“With the field of oncology rapidly evolving, we’re very pleased to
announce the launch of a quality-based program specifically focused on
the delivery of cancer care,” said
The OMOC program’s inaugural practices are:
The OMOC program is Humana’s fourth specialty-care payment model, following its episode-based programs for Humana Medicare Advantage members undergoing total hip or knee joint replacement or spinal fusion procedures, and its maternity episode-of-care bundled payment program for Humana commercial plan members.
Specialty-care payment programs are part of Humana’s longstanding commitment to value-based care, which emphasizes:
- More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications;
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service).
Humana has an extensive and growing value-based care presence. As of
* For Humana Medicare Advantage members only.
** For Humana commercial and Medicare Advantage PPO and PFFS members only.
*** For Humana commercial and Medicare Advantage PPO members only.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
Securities and Exchange Commissionfilings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
Humana is a Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and PFFS organization with a
Humana Corporate Communications