New Season of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Content Starts Now with ‘Operation Spectre Rising’Source: Business Wire
Available First on PlayStation®4, Operation Spectre Rising Introduces a Ton of Free, New Content and Updates Across the Game
Black Ops Pass Owners Gain Access to Three Additional Multiplayer Maps, Including Two New Maps and One Remastered Classic Map and an Exclusive Blackout Character
“The community has anticipated Spectre’s return for a long time,
and that’s inspired us to build Operation Spectre Risingallaroundthisshadowy, fan-favorite assassin
and the wetworks theme,” said
Operation Spectre Rising’s free, new content includes:
- The Assassin Specialist – Available in Multiplayer and Blackout, Spectre introduces a new gameplay innovation with a unique Shadow Blade melee weapon, and channels players’ inner assassin to skillfully strike targeted enemies for quick and stealthy kills. This fan-favorite Specialist also wields a smoke grenade that not only provides instant cover to move undetected, but also reveals enemies.
New Blackout Updates – In Blackout, Spectre has ruptured
Hydro Damcausing a massive flood, altering the landscape and forcing players to adapt in order to survive a wide variety of combat situations, while outrunning the Collapse. Additionally, players will have the opportunity to discover updates in Alcatraz like the addition of the Tactical Raft and more.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new weapon camos, outfits, gestures, and accessories themed for Operation Spectre Rising. This includes notable weapons like the Tigershark LMG and the Nifo’Oti melee weapon, all unlockable through the Contraband Tiers as fans play through the game.
- New Zombies Features –Operation Spectre Rising introduces new weapons across all Zombies maps, Classic Elixir Restock feature, and Hard Mode Gauntlet challenges throughout the season.
In addition to the free content,
- New Multiplayer Map, Masquerade – A medium-sized map set amidst an embassy under siege. Masquerade is structured for mid-range combat as players must weave through markets and city alleyways to get to the fortified embassy courtyard.
- New Multiplayer Map, Artifact – A larger-sized map set in a remote landscape where treasure hunters have located and unearthed an ancient artifact. The mapis filled with a variety of rock formations from thermal geysers to ice caverns. Combat is fierce with engagement ranging across environmental hazards on a vertical map.
- New Multiplayer Map, WMD – Remastered from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, WMD is a medium-sized map set in an active weapons manufacturing facility. Combat takes place in a combination of interior and exterior engagements at different ranges that supports all types of weapon types and playstyles.
New Blackout Character, Uncle Frank –
Black Ops Passowners get instant access to Uncle Frank, also known as the older version of Frank Woods. This iconic, fan-favorite character originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops II makes his debut in Blackout.
“The team has worked hard to offer a real diversity of content with Operation
Spectre Rising, while providing a thoughtful cadence that keeps
the experience fresh across the entire breadth of the game,” said
In addition to the content releasing now with Operation Spectre Rising, spring turns into summer in June with the annual Call of Duty Days of Summer community event. This limited-time event will debut new game modes, seasonal themed customizations and accessories for fans to acquire.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
is published by Activision and
developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven
Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and
on Twitter, Instagram
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 isthe studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading
global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision
maintains operations throughout the world and is a division
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in
this press release that involves
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks
Senior Manager, Public Relations