Citi Expands Annual e for Education Campaign Across a Broader Range of Electronically Traded Products
More than 300,000 students have been supported by the campaign globally through various initiatives spanning 25 countries worldwide
Beginning today and through
“Our e for Education campaign is closely tied to our mission and value proposition of enabling progress,” said
More than 300,000 students have been supported by the campaign globally through various initiatives including the development of more than 500 new schools spanning over 25 countries worldwide, the support of college fees for over 900 children of fallen patriots in the U.S. and the support of thousands of
The following nine organizations, spanning a range of geographies and core focus areas, were selected to benefit from the e for Education initiative:
Civic Builders: develops high-performing charter schools where need is greatest across the U.S
- EMpower: supports at-risk youth in emerging market countries
- Fallen Patriots: provides college scholarships and educational counselling to North American children who have lost a parent in the U.S. military
Malala Fund:invests in education programs and breaks down the barriers preventing more than 130 million girls around the world from going to school
- Place2Be: enhances the wellbeing and prospects of children and their families by providing access to therapeutic and emotional support in schools
- Reach the World: makes the benefits of travel accessible to classrooms, inspiring youth to become more curious, confident global citizens
- Room to Read: focuses on increasing literacy and gender equality in education in low-income countries
Teach First: trains and supports committed individuals to become inspirational classroom leaders in low-income communities across
- Uncommon Schools: starts and manages 52 public charter schools serving 18,000 students in the US to prepare low-income students to graduate from college
In addition to the donations raised on the back of electronic trading activity, Citi clients and employees also support the selected non-profits through a series of educational activities including CV clinics, mock interviews, trading simulations, visits to the trading floor and economics lessons.
“We're delighted to once again have been chosen as one of the charities to benefit from the e for Education fundraising campaign. Each year, the funds raised have played a critical part in our ability to support schools serving disadvantaged communities, and we are hugely grateful,” said
“We are excited to expand the e for Education campaign and are proud of the success we have had over the last several years,” said
Additional information about the campaign may be found at https://www.citifx.com/e4e/
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at http://www.
Media: Scott Helfman +1 212-816-9241