20th annual FUCHS Sponsorship Award: In its anniversary year, FUCHS awards EUR 75,000 to social projects in Mannheim
On October 25, 2019, the Mannheim-based lubricant manufacturer FUCHS PETROLUB SE hosted its 20th sponsorship award for 15 social projects at its home location. In the anniversary year, the funding amounts to EUR 75,000. In 2019, Lord Mayor Dr. Peter Kurz again took over the patronage.
In 2000, the FUCHS Sponsorship Award was presented for the first time. "Social responsibility and the support of social projects have a long tradition at FUCHS. With our sponsorship award, we not only honor social projects, but also wish to express our appreciation for the social commitment of the many volunteers," says Stefan Fuchs, CEO of FUCHS PETROLUB SE. "As early as the 1990s, earnings generated on the Mannheim Maimarkt were donated to organizations that help people in difficult situations under the heading 'Oil cans help'. Since then, we have honored over 150 initiatives and I am proud that the FUCHS Sponsorship Award has firmly established itself in Mannheim."
Sustainable business and innovative developments are also important to the lubricant manufacturer when it comes to social commitment. This is why FUCHS awarded two newly created additional prizes in the innovation and sustainability categories for the first time. The "Mannheimer Platte", which offers a hot meal to people in need for more than 20 years, received the "Project of the Year - Sustainability" award. The prize for the "Project of the Year - Innovation" was awarded to "Arbeiterwohlfahrt Mannheim", which initiated a course system in modules with the "Mannheim Tenant Driving License" for migrants to improve opportunities for disadvantaged people looking for accommodation.
Of the more than 60 applications received, 15 were awarded prizes by FUCHS. In 2019, Willis Towers Watson, FUCHS' insurance broker, supported another project with a grant of EUR 5,000.
Projects and winners 2019:
- Mannheim Tenant Driving License - Fit for your own home, Arbeiterwohlfahrt Kreisverband Mannheim e. V. (Project of the Year - Innovation)
- Meal funding, Mannheimer Platte e. V. (Project of the Year - Sustainability)
- Renovation of the youth apartment "Horst", CVJM Mannheim e. V.
- Achievement of educational goals through retreat and relaxation rooms "Freiraum", Freundeskreis der Eugen-Neter-Schule Mannheim e. V.
- Young Engagement Filsbach, Begegnungsstätte Westliche Unterstadt e. V.
- Social Learning at the Maria Montessori School, Freundeskreis Lichtblick e. V.
- Music lessons in St. Josef / renewal of the equipment, Kinder- und Jugendheim St. Josef
- Next Generation Hip Hop 2020, Förderverein Jugendhaus Schönau e. V.
- The walk-in wardrobe - rent your clothes, Freezone - Anlaufstelle für Straßenkinder
- MAG1 Mannheim against loneliness, MAG1 Mannheim gegen Einsamkeit e. V.
- From living next to each other to living together "We Neighbors" - meeting point for people aged 55 and over, DRK Kreisverband Mannheim e. V.
- Healthy by dance, Unsere Welt e. V.
- Neighborhood project Rastenburger Straße, Evangelische Schönaugemeinde Mannheim
- Support self-help groups - strengthen voluntary work, Regionale Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Selbsthilfegruppen in Mannheim
- The wishes cart - dare last wishes, ASB Mannheim / Rhein-Neckar
- Clever holidays for Mannheim children, Gemeinnützige CLIMB GmbH (Prize from Willis Towers Watson)
The live broadcast of the award ceremony and further information about the prize winners can be found at: https://www.fuchs.com/group/technology-sustainability/corporate-citizenship/fuchs-sponsorship-award/
Mannheim, October 25, 2019
FUCHS PETROLUB SE
Friesenheimer Str. 17
Tel. +49 621 3802-1104
The FUCHS Group develops, produces and markets high-grade lubricants and related specialties for virtually all industries and areas of application. Formed in Mannheim in 1931, the Group employs around 5,500 people worldwide at 58 operating companies. FUCHS is the world's largest independent lubricant manufacturer. Its most important markets in terms of sales revenues are Western Europe, Asia and North America.