Walmart U.S. Q3 comp sales grew 3.2% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales grew 41%
Company reports Q3 FY20 GAAP EPS of
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191114005363/en/
Total revenue was
$128.0 billion, an increase of $3.1 billion, or 2.5%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $129.0 billion, an increase of $4.1 billion, or 3.3%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased on a two-year stacked basis by 6.6%. Market share gains in the business were led by food and consumables, including fresh.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales growth of 41% includes strong growth in online grocery.
- Walmart U.S. operating income increased 6.1%.
Sam's Clubcomp sales increased 0.6%, and eCommerce sales grew 32%. Reduced tobacco sales negatively affected comp sales by 350 basis points.
Net sales at
Walmart Internationalwere $29.2 billion, an increase of 1.3%. Excluding currency, net sales were $30.2 billion, an increase of 4.8%. The inclusion of Flipkart and strength in Walmex and Chinawere partially offset by softness in the U.K.
Operating income declined 5.4%, or 4.1% in constant currency due in part to a non-cash impairment charge for
Walmart International. Excluding the impairment charge, operating income would have increased slightly. As expected, the inclusion of Flipkart negatively affected operating income.
Third-quarter adjusted EPS excludes a non-cash impairment charge of
$0.06, net of tax, and an unrealized gain of $0.05, net of tax, on the company's equity investment in JD.com.
- FY20 adjusted EPS is now expected to increase slightly compared to FY19 adjusted EPS.
- Announced Delivery Unlimited, a grocery delivery membership option, to 1,400 stores in the U.S.
- Launched InHome Delivery in three U.S. cities covering more than one million customers.
Investor Relations contact
Dan Binder (479) 258-7172
Media Relations contact
Randy Hargrove (800) 331-0085