Axalta Innovates for its Global Customers from the World's Largest R&D Center for Coatings and Color in Philadelphia
"What we're doing at the Global Innovation Center is really special – we're innovating in
Serving a global customer base across more than 130 countries, Axalta is an innovation leader in the coatings industry with more than 150 years of experience and intellectual property backing some of the most differentiated and high-quality products in the industry. The Company holds nearly 1,000 patents and has consistently introduced more than 250 new products a year.
Since opening the Global Innovation Center, Axalta has developed countless new innovations in
- PercoTop® CS306 – an innovative, sustainable primer for direct-to-metal application that provides outstanding corrosion protection and produces the optimum surface finish for the commercial vehicle market.
- Lumeera™ 5220 – a clearcoat for light vehicles that provides superior scratch and chemical resistance obtained from novel high-performing resin development and nanodispersion technology.
- Corlar® 3.5 – a corrosion-resistant and highly durable primer for commercial vehicles that provides protection from the elements and maintains an excellent appearance. Corlar 3.5 reflects the latest technology in corrosion inhibition and advanced formula design.
- Acquire™ Quantum EFX – a fifth-generation spectrophotometer that packs innovative color modeling technology into a lighter, faster and more accurate device that matches the color of a vehicle with the best coatings formula, allowing collision repair body shops to return damaged vehicles in perfect condition.
- Pamake – a solvent-based refinish coating built from locally-sourced raw materials that delivers outstanding appearance and application with new resin and dispersion technology.
The 175,000-square foot Global Innovation Center employs more than 200 engineers, scientists and technicians, and features unparalleled synthesis, color, process technology and specialty coatings labs. Axalta's Global Innovation Center serves as the central hub for Axalta's global network of technology centers, which are focused on innovative research, product development and technology initiatives that benefit Axalta's customers.
"Innovation is at the core of our business," said Roop. "The innovations from this past year have been nothing short of impressive, and we look forward to continuing to introduce new, award-winning solutions that grow our customers' businesses. We are proud to be an active company in the Navy Yard and plan to continue innovating for the world from right here in
For more information about Axalta's Global Innovation Center, visit https://www.axalta.com/corporate/en_US/news_features/axalta-opens-world-s-largest-coating-and-colors-r-d-center.html.
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the approximately 14,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axalta.com and follow us @Axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
D +1 215 255 7981
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/axalta-innovates-for-its-global-customers-from-the-worlds-largest-rd-center-for-coatings-and-color-in-philadelphia-300968744.html