Tommy Hilfiger Announces Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge Social Entrepreneur Finalists
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200112005011/en/
TOMMY HILFIGER Fashion Frontier Challenge Finalists 2018 (Photo: Business Wire)
“It is inspiring to see the second edition of the
Over a multi-step four-month process, over 420 applicants were narrowed down to six finalists who were invited to develop and refine their business plans with the support of a dedicated team of social entrepreneur experts at the Campus of the Future. The finalists include:
Bangladesh-based scale-up, Apon Wellbeing, opens fair-priced shops carrying daily necessities inside factories, with products offered at a 10% discount to external prices and a points scheme that workers collect for free health-insurance and health services.
- American scale-up, Stony Creek Colors, offers natural indigo sustainable crops to small and mid-size tobacco farmers who are at risk of losing their income due to falling tobacco sales. The cash crop provided by Stony Creek Colors enables the farmers to retain their livelihood.
- Dutch start-up, A Beautiful Mess, runs a creative space to assist refugees in realizing social and economic independence by creating sustainable apparel products.
- U.S.-based start-up company Lab 141 creates small batches of made-to-fit clothing using 3D printing. Through these methods, Lab 141 is promoting and bringing to life the concept of “sizeless” fashion.
- Indian scale-up pajama company Sudara develops professional and sewing skills in women who have escaped from or are at high risk of being sex trafficked.
France, scale-up company Constant & Zoe creates functional and fashionable clothing for men, women and children with disabilities.
The prestigious jurors overseeing the final event include:
- Mr. Tommy Hilfiger
- Ankiti Bose, Co-Founder & CEO, Zilingo
Noor Tagouri, Journalist, Activist and Speaker
Daniel Grieder, CEO, Tommy Hilfiger Global and PVH Europe
Martijn Hagman, CFO, Tommy Hilfiger Global & COO, Tommy Hilfiger Global and PVH Europe
- Willemijn Verloop, Founding Partner, Social Impact Venture
Steven Serneels, CEO and Board Member, EVPA
Katrin Ley, Managing Director, Fashion for Good
The jury will award €150,000 between two winners to fund the advancement of their business proposals. The winners will also receive a year-long mentorship with Tommy Hilfiger’s and INSEAD’s global experts, as well as a place in the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP). An additional €10,000 will be awarded to the finalist team who wins the “Audience Favorite Vote.”
Tommy Hilfiger’s vision is to create fashion that opens minds and closes loops. Find out more about the brand’s long-term sustainability efforts, particularly in the areas of inclusivity and circularity, at: https://global.tommy.com/en_int/about-us-corporate-sustainability.
Friends and followers of the brand are invited to join the conversation on social media using #TommyHilfiger, #FashionFrontierChallenge, #MakeNewPossible and @TommyHilfiger.
# # #
With a brand portfolio that includes
PVH sets the standard of style as one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our iconic portfolio includes
*The Speedo brand is licensed for
Tommy Hilfiger Contact
Sr. Director, Communications and Earned Media
Tel: +31 62904 2334