Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Three Now Live
The Largest Battle in Call of Duty History Takes it to the Next Level as Modern Warfare and Warzone Players Gear Up for All-New Season Full of Free New Content
Available Now in Modern Warfare, New Maps, Modes, Playlists and More; Prepare for
More Than 2.4 Billion Hours Have Been Played to Date in Modern Warfare Universe
“When you play Modern Warfare and Warzone, you’re joining a massive community of players having fun, staying connected and playing together,” said
“Players are having fun and we’re having a blast seeing all of the incredible reactions across the community, which makes it even more exciting to bring all of the free content and new experiences that are in store for Season Three,” said
This season features a host of free new content, available across all platforms for all Modern Warfareand Warzone players, with additional challenges and playlists released weekly. Players that own the full version of Modern Warfare will have additional access to new multiplayer maps, along with weekly playlist updates.
New Multiplayer Maps:
- Talsik Backlot is a high-octane, reimagined, classic 6v6 three-lane map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In this deserted urban area of Urzikstan, look for a mix of close quarters combat and long-range sniper duels.
- Hovec Sawmill is an all-new 6v6 map tucked away in the mountains of Kastovia. Operators will fight atop rooftops and a rolling river in three-lane firefights featuring mid-to-long-range sightlines.
- Aniyah Incursion is a 6v6 twist on the lavish, yet war-torn
Aniyah Palaceplayers have set foot in Ground War and 10v10 in Modern Warfare. Now, players can choose to take advantage of the long sightlines afforded, along with the small crawl spaces within the Palace to flank enemies.
- Coming later this season is Hardhat, an additional remastered 6v6 multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare along with Aisle 9, a brand new 2v2 Gunfight map.
New Multiplayer Playlists:
- Throughout Season Three, players can also join the fight in new game modes including Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War.
Free-to-play, free for everyone Warzone sees its first full season of free, new content coming in Season Three. All Warzone players regardless if they own Modern Warfare or not, will be able to jump into new experiences and enjoy new, free content across the massive 150-player Warzone.
- Quads are now available in Battle Royale and Plunder, allowing friends to team up in a squad of four to put their teamwork to the test in a battle for all-out survival.
- Later this season additional playlists for Battle Royale and Plunder that limit the pools to specific weapon types and feature high action modes such as Scopes and Scatter Guns.
- New weapons and blueprints in Supply Boxes and Ground Loot will be introduced throughout the season, along with a robust calendar of XP events, free content, holiday celebrations and more for all players.
Call of Duty: Warzone is available for free download. The full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not required to play Warzone.
Plus, those who purchase the
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
and Warzone are available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The PC version, developed in partnership with Beenox, is available exclusively on Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzoneare published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
*Modern Warfare and Warzone combined total hours played based on Activision data.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Senior Manager, Public Relations