Dominion Energy Adapts to Ensure Safe, Quick Response to Hurricanes Across Virginia, Carolinas During Coronavirus Pandemic
"Our team is prepared for a busy hurricane season and has spent the past three months incorporating new practices and health and safety guidelines that protect us, our colleagues and the public from spreading the coronavirus," said
Employees are following the hygiene practices recommended by the
Public safety remains extremely important. In addition to essential services, such as hospitals, fire and police departments, public water systems, and 911 call centers, coronavirus testing and treatment centers have also been added to the company's restoration strategy.
"As we saw with previous storms, including Hurricane Dorian, we have an experienced power restoration team, as well as a comprehensive plan to respond to the extensive damage that severe weather can cause," said
There are many ways to begin preparing early. Here's how you can prepare for severe weather:
- Create an emergency kit with flashlights, batteries, cleaning supplies and face coverings.
- Prepare a first-aid kit with bandages, anti-bacterial wipes, over-the-counter medications, and prescription medications.
- Remember to carry your healthcare information with you and to prepare your medical devices, especially if you are disabled or elderly.
- Download the Dominion Energy App to track restoration efforts and report outages quickly and safely.
Virginiaand North Carolinacustomers can download our app here.
South Carolinacustomers can download our app here.
- Prepare a supply of water and non-perishable food.
- Charge your phone and other electronic devices fully before the storm arrives.
- Make sure your contact information is updated in our system so that we have a way to get in touch with you.
Safety is always our first priority. Here's how you can stay safe during storms:
- Beware of downed power lines. Assume they are energized and dangerous. Stay at least 30 feet away and call
Virginiaand North Carolinacustomers please call 1-866-366-4357.
South Carolinacustomers please call 1-888-333-4465.
- Connect your generator properly. Ensure it is fueled and tested before the severe weather arrives. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and always operate outdoors with good ventilation.
For more information, visit DominionEnergy.com/outages/outage-safety-and-preparation/hurricane-prep.
More than 7 million customers in 20 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominion-energy-adapts-to-ensure-safe-quick-response-to-hurricanes-across-virginia-carolinas-during-coronavirus-pandemic-301068527.html