P&G Professional Survey Reveals Majority of Consumers Would Patronize a Business If They Know and Trust the Cleaning Brands Used
Transparency in Procedures and Products Helps Build Customer Confidence and Grow Profits
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200616005670/en/
New surveys by P&G Professional reveal that consumers are willing to spend more if they know a business is cleaned with familiar cleaning products. (Graphic: Business Wire)
As businesses begin to reopen and welcome people back into their space, transparency around cleaning procedures and the products used can help guests feel more safe and confident and ultimately benefit a business’s bottom line.
Seventy percent of travelers and nearly 60 percent (58%) of diners respectively, said they would patronize a hospitality or foodservice establishment if they knew the business was using a manufacturer or brand of cleaning products they personally knew and trusted. In addition, 55 percent of travelers would be willing to pay more for a hotel room and one in three diners would be willing to pay more for a meal if they knew the business was using a personally recognizable and trusted brand of cleaning products. Each survey revealed that P&G Professional is the professional-grade cleaning manufacturer with the highest awareness and trust by respondents with nearly 50 percent saying they have extreme trust in P&G Professional to clean a facility most effectively vs. 38 percent of the next leading competitor.
“For more than 110 years, P&G Professional has offered cleaning solutions that help protect businesses and communities,” said
P&G Professional has launched the CleanPLUS Experience to aide businesses in their recovery by offering resources and materials to help build trust with guests. Businesses who sign up for the CleanPLUS Experience will have access to co-branded digital and printed materials that showcase trusted name brands such as Dawn Professional,
Travelers Expect More
- Bathroom cleanliness, odors, visible hair, and the condition of linens are top signals that a guest room is clean, or not
- Bathroom surfaces, high-touch objects, contamination from previous guests, and presence of invisible pathogens are top concerns
- Fifty-seven percent expect more transparency around what hotels are doing to keep guests safe and rooms clean, both in-person and on the company website
- Sixty-seven percent expect to see more thorough and frequent cleaning and 61 percent expect to see more visible methods of cleaning, like pamphlets and signage
- Cleanliness and housekeeping procedures were ranked as most the important attributes for hotel guests, surpassing both the price of the room and location of the hotel
Diners Raise the Bar
- Bathroom and kitchen cleanliness, spotless tables, chairs and surfaces and pleasant smells were the top signals that a restaurant is clean, or not
- More than 70 percent expect more thorough and frequent cleaning, saying bathrooms, buffets, tables, chairs and counters are the most important areas to clean
- Diners support changes to staff procedures to ensure safety, testing sick employees before they return to work, and having employees wear masks and gloves
- Cleanliness ranked as the second most important attribute for a diner’s experience behind only the quality and taste of food, however, seventy-four percent want to know how restaurants are cleaned and sanitized and what is being done to ensure food safety
P&G Professional has many EPA-Approved Products on List N for use against SARS-CoV-2 with trusted brand names. These multi-purpose products are safe, simple and effective to use, and clean and disinfect in one step so owners and operators can be confident that their business is safe for employees, customers, residents and guests.
Microban24 Professional – The powerful disinfectant sanitizes in 10 seconds and kills 99.9% of bacteria on high-touch surfaces for up to 24 hours
- Spic & Span ® Disinfecting All-Purpose Spray & Glass Cleaner – The multi-purpose cleaner combines three products in one and cleans with 50% fewer strokes than the leading competitor
- Comet® Disinfecting Cleaner with Bleach – The hospital-use disinfectant has a non-abrasive formula effective against tough kitchen and bathroom soils and cleans with 50% fewer strokes
- Clean Quick® Sanitizers – The no-rinse sanitizer is safe for all food contact surfaces, including cutting boards, tables and chairs, and for third-sink sanitizing
P&G Professional can help businesses with infection prevention and control. To learn more or request a consultation from P&G Professional Experts to www.pgpro.com and download the free infection control guide or sign up to be the first to hear about new products and offers.
About Procter & Gamble Professional
P&G Professionalis the away-from-home division of
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
Molly Crabill, Citizen Relations for P&G Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org