Dominion Energy Expands Bill Payment, Assistance Options To Help Customers Facing Economic Hardship
"With the surge in unemployment claims due to COVID-19 we know more customers may qualify for utility assistance this year, and we want you to know we have programs and payment options to help you move forward," said
The plan, unless modified by the PUCO, sets forth the company's timeline for a resumption of normal credit operations, beginning after
During the period ahead, the company strongly encourages customers to take advantage of the resources being made available, chief among them more flexible payment plans. Customers can learn more by calling 1-800-362-7557. Information is also available 24/7 online at DominionEnergy.com.
"We are taking additional customer assistance steps, such as waiving deposit requirements and stopping late fees from accruing," Eck said. "If you've fallen behind, please let us help."
Payment Plans. If customers are having trouble paying their bills, the company offers both short-term payment extensions and long-term payment plans to help residential and commercial customers manage their balances and catch up over time. Customers may qualify for one of several
- Additional flexibility for customers who enroll in our Budget Plus payment plan. Under Budget Plus, we are now allowing customers to pay off past due amounts over 12 months. Previously, the maximum was 9 months. Please contact us to discuss whether additional payment options may be available.
- Waiver of deposit requirements for Budget Plus and all other repayment plans. We have also stopped late fees from accruing.
EnergyShare. Direct assistance is offered through EnergyShare, our program for those facing financial hardships, which is administered by the
- Participants must be Dominion Energy Ohio residential customers.
- Applications for the 2019-2020 winter heating season will be accepted until
Aug. 31, 2020, or until funds run out. The previous deadline was May 31, 2020.
- If customers qualify, they could be eligible for up to
$500in assistance. The previous maximum was $300.
- Household income eligibility has been in increased to include customers up to 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines. The previous limit was 150 percent.
- Customers may contact the
Salvation Armyfor more information or see if they qualify at: http percentps://easternusa.salvationarmy.org/.
Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus): This unique
Save on Energy: For some, this additional time at home could result in increased bills. We've put together tips to help customers be mindful of their energy use. Visit www.DominionEnergy.com/WaysToSave to learn more.
Customers Need to Protect Themselves from Scams: Scams are on the rise.
More than 7 million customers in 20 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominion-energy-expands-bill-payment-assistance-options-to-help-customers-facing-economic-hardship-301079786.html
SOURCE Dominion Energy Ohio