World-Class Executives and Consultants to Advance Morrow Sodali’s Position as Leading Provider of Strategic Advice and Shareholder Engagement Services
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 21, 2020--
Morrow Sodali today announced the formation of a Strategic Advisory Board comprising world-class executives and consultants from a wide range of disciplines. The eight newly appointed external Board members will work closely with Morrow Sodali’s executive leadership team, providing guidance and insights on issues of strategic importance and helping the company achieve its growth goals. Morrow Sodali is successfully advancing its plan to expand in governance consulting (particularly ESG advisory services), stock surveillance, shareholder and bondholder engagement, M&A and activism advisory, and proxy solicitation services.
Establishing the Strategic Advisory Board is an important step forward for Morrow Sodali. Despite the uncertainties of the current economic climate, the firm continues to grow and prosper. Morrow Sodali has also made several important senior hires in recent months including Paul Schulman, Managing Director and co-head of M&A and Activism; Harry van Dyke, Executive Vice Chairman; and a global Debt Services team led by Senior Director Damian Watkin.
“Morrow Sodali’s Strategic Advisory Board will play an integral role in helping us achieve our growth objectives and build on our momentum in attracting and recruiting senior talent,” said Alvise Recchi, CEO of Morrow Sodali. “We have assembled a talented team with a wide range of expertise in areas such as management consulting, executive leadership, legal, finance, corporate governance, international business and shareholder engagement. We look forward to working together and leveraging their collective knowledge to position Morrow Sodali for sustained success.”
Harry van Dyke added: “We are thrilled to have such an accomplished group of leaders joining our Strategic Advisory Board. Their experience and unique perspectives will help us connect more deeply with our clients and achieve the next level of growth in our business.”
Morrow Sodali’s Strategic Advisory Board comprises:
– Lead Director of The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) and a senior lecturer at Harvard Business School. Fetter previously served as Chairman, President and CEO, and earlier as CFO, of Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC). He is a graduate of Stanford University and holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
– Former Vice Chairman, Managing Director and member of the management committee of Morgan Stanley. Prior to Morgan Stanley, Heleniak spent 29 years at Shearman & Sterling where he served as Senior Partner (CEO) and headed the Mergers & Acquisitions Group for more than ten years. He earned a B.A. from the University of Michigan, an M.Sc. from the London School of Economics, and a J.D. from Columbia Law School.
Pamela Forbes Lieberman
– Director of Standard Motor Products (NYSE: SMP) and guest lecturer on culture, leadership and turnarounds. Previously, she served as President, CEO and a director, and earlier as COO and CFO of TruServ Corporation (d/b/a True Value Company) and as a director of several other public companies, including A.M. Castle (Chairman of the Board) and VWR Corporation. Forbes Lieberman is a CPA and holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a B.S. from the University of Illinois.
– Of Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, following an illustrious career as a senior M&A Partner there. She previously served as Global Co-Head of Skadden’s Transactions Practices, responsible for management of the Firm’s corporate practices in M&A, finance, real estate, bankruptcy and restructuring and intellectual property in the Americas. Nugent is currently an adjunct professor at the University of Pennsylvania and New York University law schools. She holds an A.B. from Cornell University and a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School.
– Former China head and Chairman of Asia for the global consulting firm McKinsey & Company. Orr remains a Senior Advisor to McKinsey and is also a non-executive board member of several Hong Kong-listed companies including Lenovo, Swire Pacific and Meituan Dianping, as well as EQT in Sweden. He earned an M.A. in engineering from the University of Oxford and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Katherine “KT” Rabin – Former CEO of Glass, Lewis & Co., a leading independent provider of global governance services, a role she held from 2007 to 2019, and Advisory Board member of the Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Ownership at Columbia University. Rabin received a B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley.
– Former Senior Vice President at The Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation and then Herc Holdings Inc. (NYSE: HRI), where she was Chief Legal Officer, Board Secretary, Chair of Enterprise Risk Management, and Advisor to the CEO. She previously served as Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary of Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Corporation. She earned a B.S. from Loyola University and a J.D. from Northwestern’s Pritzker School of Law.
– Chairman Emeritus of Morrow Sodali. Wilcox served as Chairman of Morrow Sodali from 2006 through June 2020. Previously, he was Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Governance at TIAA-CREF, one of the world’s largest private pension systems. Wilcox received a B.A. from Harvard College, an M.A. from the University of California, Berkeley, a J.D. from Harvard Law School and an LL.M degree from New York University Graduate School of Law.
More detailed biographies of Morrow Sodali’s Strategic Advisory Board can be found on our website at: https://morrowsodali.com/our-people/strategic-advisory-board.
About Morrow Sodali
Morrow Sodali is a leading provider of strategic advice and shareholder services to corporate clients around the world. The firm provides corporate boards and executives with strategic advice and services relating to corporate governance, shareholder and bondholder communication and engagement, capital markets intelligence, proxy solicitation, shareholder activism and mergers and acquisitions.
From headquarters in New York and London, and offices and partners in major capital markets, Morrow Sodali serves more than 700 corporate clients in 40 countries, including many of the world’s largest multinational corporations. In addition to listed and private companies, its clients include mutual funds, ETFs, stock exchanges and membership associations.
For further information about Morrow Sodali, please visit www.morrowsodali.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:
Jennifer Carberry, 203.658.9419, email@example.com
Source: Morrow Sodali
Jennifer Carberry, 203.658.9419, firstname.lastname@example.org