Air Products Announces New Goals for Global Female/U.S. Minority Representation in Professional and Managerial Roles
By 2025, Air Products aims to achieve at least 28 percent female representation in the professional and managerial population globally, and at least 20 percent minority representation in that same population in
With a broad operating scope and cultural landscape of more than 17,000 employees in over 50 countries, Air Products established these new targets following analysis of its global employee representation metrics and future talent needs, as well as assessing industry benchmarks and peer companies.
"This is another example of Air Products putting its values into action," said
Air Products plans to share progress towards these goals both internally and externally. In its 2020 Sustainability Report for the first time, Air Products published 2019 metrics on the representation of
"We believe that by being transparent about our goals and our progress against them, we can visibly demonstrate our genuine commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and bring everyone along on the journey with us," Ghasemi said.
The goals to increase the percentages of global female and
- An enhanced Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging company policy;
- Publishing company diversity metrics internally and externally for transparency and accountability to drive progress;
- Accountability of senior leaders companywide to create and execute Diversity Action Plans, including diverse succession planning;
- Leadership Development Programs for diverse talent (women, minorities);
- Monthly "Inclusion Moment" topics for discussions companywide;
- Manager training on unconscious bias;
- An expanding Inclusion Network, which is focused on attracting and retaining talent, raising cultural awareness, developing colleagues, and contributing to the company's overall diversity, inclusion and belonging objectives;
- Numerous Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including: AERO (
Asian Employee Resource Organization), BERG ( Black Employee Resource Group), EDGE (Ethnically Diverse Gulf Employees), Enable (Valuing employees of ALL abilities), HOLA ( Hispanic Organization of Latinos and Amigos), ISERO ( Indian Subcontinent Employee Resource Organization), Spectrum (LGBTQ+ Resource Group), Spectrum EU (LGBTQ+ Europe), WSN (Women's Success Network), WSN Houston ( WSN Chapterfor Houston), WSN Operations ( WSN Chapterfor Operations), WSN EU ( WSN Chapterin Europe), UDAAN (Women in India), KWS (Korean Women's Success Network), and the company's newest and soon to be launched ERG in the Middle East(MEERG).
- Four Diversity and Inclusion Councils in
Asiain China, Korea, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.
Air Products' new diversity goals come on the heels of other, recently-announced sustainability commitments. Last month, the company announced its "Third by '30" goal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) intensity (kg CO2/MM BTU) by one-third by the year 2030. Air Products set this new target as it closes in on successfully attaining a series of 2020 Sustainability goals.
About Air Products
The Company had fiscal 2019 sales of
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements within the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's reasonable expectations and assumptions as of the date of this release regarding important risk factors. Actual performance and financial results may differ materially from projections and estimates expressed in the forward-looking statements because of many factors not anticipated by management, including risk factors described in the company's Form 10K for its fiscal year ended
SOURCE Air Products