Dominion Energy Ohio Payment Plans, Energy Assistance Programs Can Help Customers Stay Safe and Warm This Winter
During the period ahead, the company strongly encourages customers to take advantage of the resources being made available, chief among them more flexible payment plans. Customers can learn more by calling 1-800-362-7557. Information is also available 24/7 online at DominionEnergy.com, search billing options & assistance.
- the entire past-due balance on your gas bill;
- the past-due payments if you are on a special payment plan;
If service has been disconnected, a reconnect fee of
2. Dominion Energy Payment Plans: If customers are having trouble paying their bills, the company offers both short-term payment extensions and long-term payment plans to help residential and commercial customers manage their balances and catch up over time. Customers may qualify for one of several
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay a fixed budget amount each month, based on annual gas usage. Dominion Energy Ohio periodically reviews the budget amount and adjusts it, if necessary, so that the customer will not have a high balance or large credit at the end of the budget year. Customers should call the company for more information.
- Budget Plus: The company offers additional flexibility for customers who enroll in our Budget Plus payment plan. Under Budget Plus, we are now allowing customers to pay their budget payment, plus an amount against their past-due balance over a maximum of 12 months. Previously, the length was limited to 9 months. Please contact us to discuss whether additional payment options may be available.
- Current-Plus Plan: Customers with a past-due balance can pay their current monthly bill, plus an installment of the total account balance at the time they enroll in the plan that spreads the balance over multiple months.
- The One-Ninth Plan allows customers to pay one-ninth of their total account balance each month plus a calculated budget amount.
- Under the One-Third Winter Heating Plan, customers pay one-third of their total account balance each month for bills that include gas used from
November 1, 2020, through April 15, 2021.
- Short-Term Extension grants up to five additional days to pay before the next bill date.
3. EnergyShare: Dominion Energy offers direct help through EnergyShare, our program for those facing financial hardships, who have exhausted all other forms of energy assistance. The
Customers who are not eligible to participate in
PIPP Plus-eligible customers may apply for EnergyShare between December 1, 2020, and
Here are other important EnergyShare details:
- Participants must be Dominion Energy Ohio residential customers.
- To qualify, a customer's yearly gross household income must be at or below 300 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Those income levels are
$38,280for one person; $51,720for two people; $65,160for three; $78,600for four; $92,040for five; $105,480for six; $118,920for seven; and $132,360for eight. Add $13,440for each additional person.
- Customers may contact the
Salvation Armyfor more information, or see if they qualify at: https://easternusa.salvationarmy.org/.
- Dominion Energy Ohio's Housewarming Program provides weatherization assistance to help income-eligible customers reduce their energy usage. For information, call
CHN Housing Partners(formerly Cleveland Housing Network), at 216-325-1149, or go to https://chnhousingpartners.org/housing-and-community-services/home-energy-efficiency-services/.
- Dominion Energy Ohio's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program through CLEAResult has been designed to help our residential customers improve their homes' energy efficiency. It all starts with a home energy assessment, now available for
$25, which is a 50 percent discount through October 31. Whether customers are making energy-efficient improvements to their current home or recently purchased a new home, they can benefit from having a home energy assessment. Rebates up to $1,250are available for eligible improvements. Customers may call 1-877-287-3416 to schedule an assessment or visit www.deohpwes.com for program details and eligibility information.
5. Government Assistance Programs: The following programs are available for income-eligible customers. Customers can apply for all programs with one application at www.energyhelp.ohio.gov, which provides income guidelines as well. Applications also are available at libraries, some banks and your local home energy assistance provider, or by calling the
Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus): To qualify for this special payment plan, developed by the
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, a customer's yearly gross household income can be up to 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines.
Under PIPP Plus, participating customers may maintain their natural gas service by paying 6 percent of their total gross monthly household income, or
$10, whichever is greater.
PIPP Plus has special benefits for participating customers. Each time customers make their required PIPP Plus monthly payments in full by the due date, Dominion Energy Ohio will credit their accounts for the rest of that month's current charges, plus a one-twenty-fourth credit toward their prior account balances. After 24 months of on-time and in-full PIPP Plus payments, their accounts will become current.
The new PIPP Plus maximum yearly household gross income levels for the 2020-2021 program year are:
$19,140for one person; $25,860for two people; $32,580for three; $39,300for four; $46,020for five; $52,740for six; $59,460for seven; and $66,180for eight. Add $6,720for each additional person.
Home Energy Assistance Program(HEAP) provides a one-time heating bill credit during the winter heating season. HEAP is available to customers whose yearly gross household income is up to 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
The Winter Crisis Program (WCP), previously known as
Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program(E-HEAP), provides a one-time grant to help avoid a shutoff or to restore service once between November 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. E-HEAP and WCP are available to customers whose yearly gross income is up to 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Local community action agencies can assist with emergency payments to help avoid disconnection. You can find available resources in your community -- dial 2-1-1 or visit http://ouw.org/211-map/.
Home Weatherization Assistance Program(HWAP) is a federally funded program that provides grants for home weatherization projects to customers whose incomes are no more than 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines. To qualify, a customer's yearly gross household income can be up to $25,520for one person; $34,480for two people; $43,440for three; $52,400for four; $61,360for five; $70,320for six; $79,280for seven; and $88,240for eight. Add $8,960for each additional person.
More than 7 million customers in 20 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominion-energy-ohio-payment-plans-energy-assistance-programs-can-help-customers-stay-safe-and-warm-this-winter-301153706.html
SOURCE Dominion Energy Ohio