Fedora 33 Now Generally Available
With each Fedora release, updates are made with all levels of users in mind as the
- The introduction of GNOME 3.38, with a new Tour application, highlighting the main functionality of the desktop and a utilities refresh, providing an easier start for new users. For developers and advanced users, Boxes now allows editing virtual machines’ (VMs) libvirt XML directly, enabling them to change advanced settings not available in the user interface. And for the enjoyment of all users, Fedora Workstation now features an animated background, based on the time of day
- All Fedora desktop offerings now use BTRFS as the default filesystem. BTRFS is a stable and mature file system with modern features like data integrity, compression, multiple device support and more, laying the foundation for future enhancements.
- New features for Fedora IoT, newly promoted to Edition status, provide a strong operating system for IoT and edge computing use cases. The edition introduces Platform AbstRaction for SECurity (PARSEC), an open source initiative to provide a common API to hardware security and cryptographic service in a platform agnostic environment
Additionally, Fedora 33 includes updated key programming languages and system library packages, including Python 3.9, Ruby on Rails 6.0 and Perl 5.32. In Fedora KDE, EarlyOOM service is now enabled by details to improve the user experience in low-memory situations.
“At the heart of Fedora, we aim to deliver a free, innovative, open source platform for hardware, clouds and containers that is easy to use no matter where you’re starting. Fedora 33 delivers on that promise with updates targeted at both a new and advanced user, while keeping new and exciting use cases in mind like edge computing and IoT for continued innovation.”
- If you have any questions, visit our Ask Fedora user-supported platform
- Try out the latest release here or update your current Fedora operating system by following these easy instructions
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company or its parent
Fedora, Red Hat and the Red Hat logt are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the
Source: Red Hat, Inc.