Dominion Energy Releases Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Report
"We live in a period of remarkable industrial, environmental, and social change," said
The report covers
Clean Energy Investments
- Significant investments in renewable energy, energy storage, and gas distribution line replacements.
- Owner of the third-largest solar portfolio among investor-owned utilities.
- Developer of the largest offshore wind farm in the
- Partner in the largest agricultural waste-to-energy initiative in the country.
Protecting the Environment
- Committed to net zero carbon and methane emissions by 2050.
- 57 percent reduction in carbon emissions since 2005.
- 25 percent reduction in methane emissions from natural gas infrastructure since 2010.
- Significant waste reduction programs, reusing or recycling nearly 46 tons of IT equipment in 2019 and diverting more than 34 tons of food waste from landfills.
- Continued and expanded habitat and wildlife protection programs.
Serving Customers & Communities
$48.5 millionto social betterment through energy assistance as well as grants to nonprofits serving human needs, education, the arts, cultural institutions (including $2.5 millionfor the International African American Museumin Charleston, S.C.), and more.
$35 millionover the next six years in support of historically black colleges and universities, and scholarships for underrepresented minorities in post-secondary education.
- Increased spending with diverse suppliers by more than 90 percent since 2013.
- Donated 131,000 hours of volunteer time from employees in 2019.
Empowering Our People
- Ranked among America's best employers and best employers for diversity (Forbes), America's most responsible companies (Newsweek), and "Best for Vets" (Military
Times), and has received a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign'sCorporate Equality Index.
- New commitment to increase diverse workforce representation by 1 percent each year.
- Increased diverse hiring rate from 27 percent to 45 percent from 2013-2019.
- Expanded Employee Resource Groups from six to eight to include Asian Pacific Islanders and persons with disabilities or those who care for them. Existing groups include resources for women, African-Americans, Latinx, LGBTQ+ employees, veterans, and young professionals.
- Record for safety performance in 2019.
Additional sections of the report detail the company's response to the coronavirus pandemic and to the social unrest that followed the killing of
"This report demonstrates that we are not just a leader in providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to our customers," said
The report covers a wide range of other topics, including cybersecurity programs, charitable activities, energy efficiency efforts, and extensive safety and employee development programs. It also delivers on
To learn more, you can view the full report online at sustainability.dominionenergy.com.
More than 7 million customers in 20 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominion-energy-releases-sustainability-and-corporate-responsibility-report-301160823.html