Valspar Wants You to Hear and Feel Its 2021 Colors of the Year
The 2021 Colors of the Year, announced in
"I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with an iconic paint brand like
"This was a revolutionary idea for
When forecasting the 2021 Colors of the Year, the color experts at Valspar observed global lifestyle trends that have shifted significantly from last year. The rise in external stressors has correlated with consumer's increased interest for mindfulness and self-care activities.
Yoga, meditation, aromatherapy and other practices have gained traction and moved from fringe to mainstream in the past decade. In 2019 more than 20% of employers offered a mindfulness program – and that accelerated significantly throughout 2020.
Each of the twelve 2021 Colors of the Year includes a guided visualization and a breath practice experience. Six of the colors include meditations to calm, relax and soothe while the other six colors include meditations to focus, energize and uplift.
"The Sound of Color" Inspired by
All 12 colors are available at Lowe's and independent retailers nationwide. Please note, color names and shades vary slightly at each retailer. See below for the full list of colors and how they breathe life into spaces. All videos are linked HERE.
- Blissful Blue
- Serene - An organic color that evokes the calm and quiet of early mornings and new beginnings.
- Lowe's: 4005-3C Blissful Blue
- Independent retailers: V111-4 Norwegian Night
- Soft Candlelight
- Optimistic - This radiant, warm color invites optimism with its golden glow.
- Lowe's: 3005-6C Soft Candlelight
- Independent retailers: V050-1 Morning Blossom
- Granite Dust
- Secure - Conjuring the comforting colors of a stronghold, Granite Dust helps fortify you against the worries lurking beyond your walls.
- Lowe's: 5006-1C Granite Dust
- Independent retailers: V142-3
- Cherry Taupe
- Content - So soft you can almost snuggle it; this earthy color adds richness and luxuriousness to reinforce your sense of accomplishment.
- Lowe's: 1005-10A Cherry Taupe
- Independent retailers: V081-4 Burnished Apricot
- Arizona Dust
- Courageous - Vibrant and bold, focusing on this color can bolster your courage for whatever you're facing next.
- Lowe's: 2003-8A Arizona Dust
- Independent retailers: V045-3 Peach Squared
- Sophisticated - This color captures a sense of sturdy growth and reliable sophistication that puts guests and hosts alike at ease.
- Lowe's: 5004-3B
- Independent retailers: V097-2 Succulent
- Academy Gray
- Contemplative - The subtle blue present in this moody gray brings a comforting quality to serious contemplation.
- Lowe's: 5001-2A Academy Gray
- Independent retailers: V138-5 Flannel Gray
- Relaxing - So endless in its invitation to relax that it's luxurious.
- Lowe's: 7003-2 Unforgettable
- Independent retailers: V094-1 Quill
- Gallery Gray
- Confident - For the modern minimalist whose approachable elegance demands a space as effortlessly confident as they are.
- Lowe's: 2006-10B Gallery Gray
- Independent retailers: V133-4
Balanced - Bright but soft, subdued but inviting;
Dusty Lavenderencourages perfect equilibrium.
- Lowe's: 1002-7C
- Independent retailers: V078-4 Violet Dusk
- Maple Leaf
- Spirited - Natural at its core, this color invites you to embrace yourself at your most authentic.
- Lowe's: 2008-8B Maple Leaf
- Independent retailers: V089-2 Spiced Latte
- Optimistic - This energetic blue injects effortless joy and optimism into any environment.
- Lowe's: 5001-5C
- Independent retailers:
V103-4 Grand Boulevard
Free color tools available from
When you want to update your home with a small change that has a big impact,
For more information on
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/valspar-wants-you-to-hear-and-feel-its-2021-colors-of-the-year-301201774.html