- For the November/December period compared with last year:
- Comparable sales grew 17.2 percent, reflecting comparable store sales growth of 4.2 percent and comparable digital sales growth of 102 percent.
- Traffic increased 4.3 percent and average ticket increased 12.3 percent.
- The company continued to gain market share in all five of its core merchandise categories. Sales growth was strongest in Home and Hardlines.
- Sales on same-day services (Order Pick Up, Drive Up and Shipt) grew 193 percent.
- Drive Up grew more than 500 percent.
- Shipt grew more than 300 percent.
Approximately 95 percent of
's sales were fulfilled by its stores. Target
For more background on holiday performance, please visit:
"We've seen continued strong sales trends in the new year, and as we turn to our 2021 plans, our team is focused on continuing to build on the guest engagement and significant market share we gained throughout 2020."
Same Day Services and Stores as Hubs
Comparable digital sales growth was driven primarily by the Company's same-day fulfillment services (Order Pick Up, Drive Up and Shipt), which together grew 193 percent. Of the services, Drive Up grew the fastest at more than 500 percent, while
Between store-originated sales, same-day services and the Company's ship-from-store capability, approximately 95 percent of
Merchandise Category Results
The company continued to gain market share throughout the November/December time period in all five of its core merchandising categories. Growth was the strongest in Home, which saw a comparable sales increase in the low-20 percent range. Comparable sales in Hardlines also grew in the low 20 percent range, reflecting mid-20 percent growth in Electronics. In Food & Beverage, comparable sales growth was in line with the company average, while Beauty & Essentials saw growth in the low teens. Apparel delivered comparable sales growth in the high-single digit range.
For more on the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/target-provides-update-on-holiday-sales-301207014.html