Vacasa Drops Its 2021 Fall Travel Survey & Trend Report
Temps may be cooling, but interest in travel isn’t with 53% of Americans planning a trip this season
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210915005379/en/
Cadillac Mountain Overlook near
Despite ongoing concern around the delta variant, findings show that people are still prioritizing vacations this fall—with safety top of mind. Sixty-two percent of respondents have already or are likely to receive the vaccine before traveling, and are favoring road trips and destinations with ample outdoor activities (leaf peeping, anyone?).
That aligns with what
With that in mind, here’s a snapshot of the findings harvested from Vacasa’s 2021 Fall Travel Trends report, released today:
- Work-cations are fully charged for fall: respondents who work remote or in a hybrid format are the most likely to plan to travel (75% and 71%, respectively).
- Back to school means parents get a break too, right? While 48% of parents are planning to travel with their kids, a near-even 46% are planning a vacation with their spouse only.
- More than half (53%) of travelers are planning to take a trip this season that was postponed from earlier in the year—however, it varies by generation. 71% of Gen Zers are planning makeup trips, while 63% of Boomers are making fresh travel plans.
- The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree: regardless of current travel plans, 41% of Americans would most likely travel for a family event (birthday, reunion, etc.), with 35% of consumers saying that a family reunion would most inspire them to travel—an increase from a similar survey fielded in summer 2021.
Most people would prefer to stay grounded if they were to travel this fall too, with more than half of
U.S.consumers favoring a road trip (53%), followed by a domestic trip within the U.S.(42%) and a camping trip (23%).
- In relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, 32% of travelers say that new COVID-19 variants will factor into their upcoming travel plans, along with the number of restrictions in their desired destination (29%) and COVID-19 vaccine requirements (27%).
*Allison+Partners Research + Insights surveyed 1,001 individuals over the age of 18 in
For more information, visit https://www.vacasa.com/press.