VMware Helps Customers Move to the Cloud With Flexibility and Speed
Company unveils tech previews at VMworld 2021 to showcase the future of VMware Cloud
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211005005497/en/
The economic and operational value of VMware Cloud. (Graphic: Business Wire)
- A new portfolio of managed Kubernetes services to modernize apps on VMware Cloud;
- Capabilities that will make it simpler and safer to run enterprise apps in VMware Cloud;
- A new initiative supporting the need for customers to run their business in sovereign clouds; and,
- Tech previews that showcase the future of VMware Cloud.
Together, these innovations will give VMware Cloud customers even more tools to accelerate modernization of their enterprise apps, increase business agility and resiliency, and significantly reduce costs compared to existing approaches.
“VMware has established a unique position in the world of multi-cloud computing by meeting customers where they are to help them achieve their cloud objectives,” said
Delivering Kubernetes-based Containers and Infrastructure as a Service
VMware Cloud with Tanzu services is a new portfolio of managed Kubernetes services that will be available at no additional charge as part of VMware Cloud on AWS. Tanzu services will make app modernization with Kubernetes faster, easier, and less expensive on VMware Cloud than alternative managed Kubernetes solutions. IT admins will be able to use the
VMware Cloud is Simpler and Safer for Enterprise Apps
VMware Cloud makes running enterprise vSphere apps in any cloud environment simpler and safer. Research shows VMware Cloud customers can achieve 300% faster Kubernetes deployment(1), 46% faster cloud migration(2), and 57% reduction in TCO(2).
SIMPLER: VMware Cloud gives customers the flexibility to move to the cloud on their timelines and run vSphere workloads on the cloud of their choice. Only VMware Cloud runs as a native service in 100+ regions spanning all public clouds—Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Oracle Cloud— as well as 4,000+ partner clouds, in private data centers, and at the edge. With VMware Cloud Universal, customers can flexibly purchase and consume VMware Cloud from
- VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts will be available for purchase via the VMware Cloud Service Portal in VMware’s Q3FY22 and will enable customers to benefit from a cloud operating model for VMware Cloud infrastructure running in their own data center or thick edge locations. This fully-managed offering will enable greater control over data and apps with simple, scalable, and more secure on-prem VMware Cloud infrastructure delivered as a service with optimized access to 200+ native AWS services.
Dell TechnologiesAPEX Cloud Services with VMware Cloud is a Dell-managed service that brings the VMware Cloud experience to the APEX ecosystem. In private preview now with planned availability in VMware’s Q4 FY22, the infrastructure-as-a-service offering allows organizations to deploy pre-configured cloud instances in their data center or at an edge location or co-location facility.
VMwarevRealize Cloud Management enhancements deliver cloud-agnostic provisioning, proactive monitoring, capacity and cost optimization, app-aware troubleshooting, and end-to-end network visibility across all cloud environments. The new VMware Skyline Advisor Pro proactively prevents issues before they occur to help customers avoid costly unplanned IT downtime.
VMware Marketplaceadds capabilities that enable faster app development and delivery through a private service catalog that includes open source software (Bitnami), VMwareand ISV solutions. Customers can now lower procurement cycles and deployment times by purchasing VMwareand ISV solutions on the industry’s only multi-cloud marketplace.
- Project Arctic, a tech preview, will bring VMware Cross-Cloud services to the fingertips of millions of IT Admins. Project Arctic natively integrates cloud connectivity into vSphere and establishes hybrid cloud as the default operating model. Customers will be able to take advantage of unlimited cloud capacity on-demand and instantly access VMware Cross-Cloud services through vCenter.
- VMware NSX tapless NDR, Secure Workload Access, and Elastic Application Security Edge are new innovations that are advancing security inside and across VMware Cloud environments.
- VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery enhancements accelerate ransomware recovery and help restore services and data faster.
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload, VMware NSX Advanced Firewall, and VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer help VMware Cloud on AWS customers reduce attack surface, improve application availability and uptime, and make security operations more effective.
- Stretched Cluster support for environments as small as two hosts improve resiliency for VMware Cloud on AWS customers of all sizes.
Supporting Customers’ Requirements for Sovereign Clouds
Data security is not just a corporate or organizational issue; research shows 50–60% of organizations surveyed believe there is a national mandate to improve data security, privacy, and innovation (3). The new VMware Sovereign Cloud initiative helps customers engage with trusted national cloud service providers to meet geo-specific requirements around data sovereignty and jurisdictional control; data access and integrity; data security and compliance; data independence and mobility; and data analytics and innovation. The first VMware Sovereign Cloud designated partners are
A Look into the Future of VMware Cloud
Capitola: a software-defined memory implementation that will provide the best price-performance ratio for current and next-gen applications by aggregating memory tiers across DRAM, PMEM, NVMe and other future technologies. Read more about the partners supporting Project Capitola here.
- Project Cascade: this tech preview will address the needs of developers and DevOps professionals with an industry-standard programmatic interface powered by Kubernetes that provides a common declarative consumption interface for both infrastructures (IaaS) and containers (CaaS).
- Project Ensemble: designed as a unified control plane for VMware Cloud, Project Ensemble will further improve operations by delivering a unified view across vRealize Cloud Management services.
VMware Cloud Customers Share Their Stories
“Carrefour is working with Google Cloud and
“Tower Health has a large investment in on-premises VMware Cloud infrastructure that works well for our business. However, we saw the opportunity to move IT management and operations to a SaaS model,” said
“By migrating our
VMware Helps Customers Navigate the Multi-Cloud Era
At VMworld 2021,
About VMworld 2021
VMworld 2021 is the world’s premier cloud computing and digital infrastructure event. VMworld features 600+ unique sessions and labs, more than 75 sponsors, and several networking events to accelerate the journey to becoming a software-defined business – from mobile devices to the data center and the cloud. VMworld attendees will have unparalleled access to the knowledge and tools they need to master the new cloud landscape and transform their business. To learn more about VMworld, please visit: www.vmworld.com.
1. ESG Economic Validation - Analyzing the Economic Benefits of Operationalizing Kubernetes with VMware Tanzu Standard,
2. IDC White Paper, sponsored by
3. IDC Whitepaper, “Deploying the Right Data to the Right Cloud in
+1 (408) 348-1569