Over half of workers will enroll in new benefits
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8974351-unum-annual-enrollment/
"Choosing your benefits is one of the most important financial decisions you'll make this year," said
Unum's research among 1,500 full-time
- Over half (57%) of workers plan to enroll in benefits they were not enrolled in last year.
- More than two thirds (68%) of workers say they are more concerned aboutplanning for theirfamily's financial needs.
- 66% of workers are more interested or aware of the employee benefits their company provides; this number highest among Millennials (78%) and Gen Z (73%).
- 2 in 3 workers (67%) plan to pay more attention and spend more time reviewing their employee benefits.
- 42% of workers are concerned about their mental health; these numbers are highest among Millennials (55%).
Managing Mental Health
Unum's Behavioral Health Solution guides workers to the support that is right for them including access to a licensed therapist and a library of mental health resources.
Work-life balance reigns supreme
Generous PTO and paid family leave are the benefits most important to full-time
Combat "The Great Resignation" with voluntary benefits
The number of workers looking for a new job has almost doubled since spring. According to a
More than half of workers (56%) are more likely to stay with their current employer because of the benefits package. And 8 in 10 employers believe the pandemic has made employees more interested in or aware of the benefits the organization offers.2
"It's no secret that today's labor market presents employers with unique hiring challenges," said
Understand your benefits
Download Unum's Annual Enrollment Guide for an overview of common workplace benefits. You'll find clear definitions on coverage, and tips for evaluating what you may need depending on your unique situation.
1 PwC, "Next in work"
2 Unum. 2021