Booz Allen Hamilton Releases 2021 Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Impact Report
- Approach to ESG management aligns with long-term growth strategy and sustainable value creation for stakeholders
- Demonstrates continued close integration of ESG and business objectives
- Expands reporting framework alignment with focus on transparent evaluation and communication of results
This year’s report includes highlights and updates in six key impact areas:
- Ethics and Integrity: A look at how Booz Allen incorporates ethics and integrity in all facets of leadership, corporate governance and operations
- Mission and Innovation: Examples of the firm’s applied technical capabilities and innovation investments to meet clients’ critical mission needs
- Employee Experience: Insight on Booz Allen’s inclusive employment approach and its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) action plan to increase transparency, drive equity in policies and practices, and ensure all employees have opportunities to reach their full potential
- Community Engagement: A showcase of Booz Allen’s positive community impact, including charitable contributions and pro bono client service focused on veterans and military families, pandemic and disaster response, equity causes, and connecting underrepresented groups to STEM careers
- Global Resilience: Spotlighting the firm’s ability to anticipate, address, and adapt in the face of climate change and other threats to global stability and security, including making a commitment to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050
- Information Security: An overview of Booz Allen’s approach to safeguarding information and technology assets, delivering a trusted workforce, and protecting sensitive data
In 2021 Booz Allen expanded its suite of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks to better enable diverse stakeholders to use Booz Allen’s ESG disclosures to understand and evaluate its efforts to manage corporate impact. Published with the report are six content indicesthat detail the alignment of information within the report and other publicly available sources to the
“Transparency and the accountability it fosters are natural expressions of our purpose and values, which serve as the foundation for everything we do,” said Booz Allen Executive Vice President
To learn more and read the full report, visit Environmental, Social, Governance at Booz Allen.
Forward-looking Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements contained in this document include “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Examples of forward-looking statements include information concerning Booz Allen’s financial outlook and guidance, as well as any other statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “may,” “will,” “could,” “should,” “forecasts,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “outlook,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” “preliminary,” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give you no assurance these expectations will prove to have been correct.
These forward-looking statements relate to future events or our future financial performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements to differ materially from any future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in or implied by these forward-looking statements, including those factors discussed in our filings with the
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the foregoing cautionary statements. All such statements speak only as of the date made and, except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update or revise publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more than 100 years, military, government, and business leaders have turned to
With global headquarters in