Investor's Business Daily Ranks Crown In Top 25 Companies For Environmental, Social And Governance (ESG) Matters
To compile the list, IBD screened
"The IBD ranking is based on a unique combination of ESG and financial metrics," said
Being named to IBD's Best ESG Companies list is the latest achievement for Crown in a year that saw the Company reach several key milestones on its sustainability journey:
- In 2021, Crown joined The Climate Pledge, a commitment to be net-zero carbon across its operations by 2040, ten years ahead of The Paris Agreement, and the
Ellen Macarthur Foundation'sNetwork, where the Company will help identify innovative solutions that support the transition to a circular economy.
- ESG ratings provider Sustainalytics ranked Crown in the top position for mitigating ESG risk within the metal and glass packaging sector for the second consecutive year. Sustainalytics also advanced Crown to the Negligible Risk category, a designation achieved by only 1% of the more than 12,000 global companies reviewed.
North American Beverage Packagingbusiness ranked within the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's(EPA) Top 25 Green Power Partnersfrom the Fortune 500 list for demonstrating a commitment to advancing the green power market.
- The Company's Brazilian operations have been certified by the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) against the ASI Performance Standard for responsible production, sourcing and stewardship of aluminum with a focus on material stewardship.
- Crown was named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2021 list by
3BL Media, headlined by its strong performance in the Climate Change pillar, within which it ranked ninth place.
- CDP, a leading global environmental impact non-profit organization, awarded Crown a Supplier Engagement Rating (SER) of A as part of its annual climate change assessment of companies globally. This rating earned Crown a spot on the 2020 Supplier Engagement Leaderboard and put the Company in the top 7% of 8,033 companies assessed by CDP.
To learn more about Crown's Twentyby30 program, visit crowncork.com/sustainability.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For editorial inquiries: