Jacobs Mace Supports the Expo 2020 Dubai Opening
As the Official Program Delivery Management Provider for Expo 2020 Dubai,
"We've helped drive the transformation of the site into a lasting urban legacy, that unites the world to innovate and create meaningful impact for future generations," said
The Thematic Pavilions, Sustainability (Terra), Mobility (Alif) and Opportunity (Mission Impossible), are designed to inspire meaningful action from people to tackle some of the world's most critical challenges and embrace emerging opportunities posed by climate change, innovation and technology.
Mace CEO for Consultancy
Key program highlights include:
Smart master planning
- Delivered efficiencies through master planning to enhance the visitor experience during event time and minimize effort and cost in transitioning the site to legacy. Included smart ways of using passive shading and retractable shade structures instead of more energy intensive outdoor cooling systems.
- More than 80% of the physical infrastructure will be retained after the event in a sustainable and smart city that promotes an innovation-driven business ecosystem and balanced lifestyle.
- In a major sustainability milestone more than 120 buildings across Expo 2020 Dubai have been certified as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the
US Green Building Council, which provides a framework to assess resource efficient green buildings. Seven score highest 'Platinum' certification, 103 are also LEED Gold, nine are LEED Silver and two are 'Certified'.
Sustainable mobility solutions
- Optimizing pedestrian movement through the site to reduce walking times and ease movement between transport nodes and entrances. Minimizing the effort and cost required in the conversion between event-time pedestrian concourses and shared pedestrian roads in legacy, a new approach in
- Focus on value engineering included conversion of temporary construction roads into more robust, permanent roads, saving money and time, and improving delivery reliability.
Creating opportunity safely
- Created jobs, skills and opportunities for the community and contributed to raising the quality in health and safety and worker welfare standards in the region. The JV helped Expo develop and implement the "Promises" campaign in collaboration with stakeholders to increase the awareness of key behaviors that lead to serious injuries and fatalities through tactics such as visual impact training. This included Expo's Worker Welfare app to help empower workers on the Expo site, by providing a reporting platform in multiple languages, access educational information, and monitoring of worker welfare across approximately 35,000 workers.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With
Mace is a global company of experts in shaping and making the built environment. It provides development, consulting, construction and operations services for many of the world's most inspiring building and infrastructure projects and programs – from Olympic parks and iconic skyscrapers to state-of-the-art data centers, schools, hospitals and homes.
The privately-owned company, headquartered in
Mace is driven by its purpose to redefine the boundaries of ambition, and its vision of leading the way to a more connected, resilient and sustainable world.
Find out more at www.macegroup.com
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Program for People and Planetprovides a global platform for countries, businesses, communities, individuals and future generations to come together to share, learn, engage and inspire to build a better world. Visitors, attending in person or virtually, will embark on an immersive journey through the wonders of the natural world, smarter movement of knowledge and ideas, and creating opportunities for a better future.
- It showcases the greatest innovations, breakthroughs and ideas from around the planet, enabling action towards a better world under its theme of "Connecting Minds, Creating the Future."
- Expo 2020 offers an endless journey of discovery as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organizations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – harness their collective power to change the world for the better.
- Expo 2020's sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently.
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 engages visitors with daily events, showcasing the best of technology, creativity and culture, while food and beverage outlets feature cuisine from around the world.
- The first World Expo to take place in the
Middle East, Africaand South Asia(MEASA), located on a 4.38-square-kilometer site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airportin Dubai South.
- Built with a long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site is an example of innovation in action and will transform into
District 2020, a blueprint for human-centric, smart and sustainable cities of the future, after Expo 2020 closes its doors.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute forward-looking statements as such term is defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and such statements are intended to be covered by the safe harbor provided by the same. Statements made in this release that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. We base these forward-looking statements on management's current estimates and expectations as well as currently available competitive, financial and economic data. Forward-looking statements, however, are inherently uncertain. There are a variety of factors that could cause business results to differ materially from our forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the emergence and spread of variants of COVID-19, the efficacy and availability of vaccines and treatments, and the related reaction of governments on global and regional market conditions and the company's business. For a description of some additional factors that may occur that could cause actual results to differ from our forward-looking statements, see the discussions contained under Item 1 - Business; Item 1A - Risk Factors; Item 3 - Legal Proceedings; and Item 7 - Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations in our most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K, as well as the company's other filings with the
For press/media inquiries:
Mace Media Line
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jacobs-mace-supports-the-expo-2020-dubai-opening-301433569.html