StorONE and Seagate Introduce Backup Storage Target With Improved Ransomware Protection
The new solution combines updated versions of StorONE and Seagate’s successful hybrid storage solutions based on StorONE’s Enterprise Storage Platform software and Seagate’s Next-Gen Application Platform (AP), the Exos®
“Seagate’s enterprise systems have seen ten consecutive quarters of growth in channel sales due to the product innovation, quality, and value delivered to customers. Software solutions utilizing these systems are critical to enabling enterprises to deliver business value and solve important storage-related challenges such as ransomware protection,” according to
A Ransomware Resilient Backup Storage Solution
A widespread use case for Seagate/StorONE customers is as a backup storage target to elevate the customer’s ransomware resiliency while shrinking their threat exposure window. StorONE’s S1:Backup with the
- Flash-First Backups for faster, more frequent data protection, improving recovery point objectives (RPO).
- The improved immutability of every backup job across any storage protocol.
- The performance backup software vendors need to host backup software metadata immutably.
- Sterile Recovery Target delivers production-class performance and features at backup storage prices.
The StorONE Enterprise Storage Platform with the
The S1:Backup solution can also move data to and from the hard disk tier in record time, thanks to the efficient StorONE engine, which can take full advantage of the 2X bandwidth provided by the
Backup data is also sequentially written to the hard disk tier for the best utilization, and higher performing recalls. Finally, because StorONE software manages the entire IO path, it can continue optimizing and refining hard drive performance as the technology advances.
Recoveries are automatically instantiated on the flash tier. Thanks to the power of the new Seagate Exos AP, combined with the efficient StorONE engine, the solution delivers production-class performance at backup storage prices. The Exos AP’s dual-controller architecture, combined with StorONE’s data protection capabilities, enables the solution to become standby storage or backup storage that can support production applications, without compromise.
“StorONE is the first vendor in over a decade to rewrite and optimize the storage IO stack for modern storage innovations like Seagate’s Exos AP platform and high-capacity hard disk drives,” said
StorONE’s Enterprise Storage Platform solutions using the
- The Exos AP 2U12 Hybrid Array configuration - with 19TB of flash and 126TB of HDD, ideal for small data centers or remote offices.
- The Exos AP 2U24 All-Flash Array - with 184TB of Flash, ideal for virtualized and database environments. The Exos AP 2U24 is unique among AFAs because it can expand using hard disk drive enclosures.
- The Exos AP 5U84 Hybrid Array - with 107TB of flash and 1.2PB of HDD, an ideal mainstream data center workhorse capable of using StorONE’s S1:Backup software to be a backup storage target or the Enterprise Storage Platform and meet a wide variety of data center use cases, including Backup, Archiving, NAS, Virtualized and Database environments.
Seagate and StorONE will be at VeeamOn 2022, May 16–18, 2022 at the
StorONE is a storage software company, providing a practical storage consolidation strategy that mitigates risk and eliminates compromise. StorONE’s founders are entrepreneurs with a proven track record of success and are backed by top-tier industry luminaries and strategic investors. StorONE provides enterprise-class storage software that delivers full functionality, high performance, and unmatched data reliability.
With more than 50 patents awarded in its first seven years of deep technical development, StorONE is completely changing the perception of storage, from an IT cost center, to a resource that provides organizations with key competitive advantages. StorONE is headquartered in
StorONE’s Director of Marketing