Atos and VMware Join Forces to Help Organizations and Industries Derive Value from Data More Easily
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220504005030/en/
- Healthcare and life sciences – facilitating the merge and exchange of health data to accelerate research and clinical trials.
- Financial services – developing cross-company and cross-border services and collaboration ecosystems, for example with a sustainable finance platform to comply with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) requirements.
- Utilities – optimizing the electric networks for the charging of electric vehicles.
“With a comprehensive set of data space capabilities from
“VMware and Atos are long-term partners and share a commitment to helping organizations drive value from data,” said
The capabilities provided by
- VMware Tanzu Data Services - to enable fast, scalable development and deployment of modern applications in the Data Space across teams and clouds by transforming the way enterprises build, run, and manage applications on Kubernetes. Tanzu Data Services are a set of core services that are part of the broader VMware Tanzu offering.
VMware Cloud Foundation– to connect the Data Space with cloud infrastructure including data storage platforms and to make use of already existing data.
- VMware Versatile Data Kit – to reduce ‘unplanned work’ using a Data SDK, which includes the building blocks to build data applications with minimal effort and a plugin framework to extend or inspect any part of the data application; and a Control Service Server that enables users to manage data jobs by building, packaging, installing, tracking dependencies, and maintaining versioning.
- Atos cloud capabilities – to support the shift to digital business.
Atos Edgeand Bare Metal-as-a-Service capabilities – to facilitate use cases and enable the edge-to-cloud continuum.
- Atos Cybersecurity products and services – to maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Atos Digital Hub– to create shared and transparent tailored platforms that enable and orchestrate value chains within extended data-driven ecosystems.
These capabilities will be supported by the reversibility, interoperability, and portability VMware’s cloud partners deliver. With data hosted on a common peer-to-peer framework to ensure the compatibility of architecture between cloud providers, organizations can place their data with any of the participating cloud providers to take full advantage of the services they offer, while retaining the ability to move apps or federate data on other cloud provider platforms as required.
For more information on the
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 111,000 employees and annual revenue of c. € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high-performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is an SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 indexes. The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.