PG&E Partners with Local Bay Area Fire Councils to Help Customers Prepare
Community members will learn:
- How to clear defensible space
- Ways to effectively harden homes against wildfire
- Cost-effective ways to prevent embers from entering homes
- What to pack in emergency kits
- Ways to support preparedness for community members who are elderly or have additional medical needs
Fire Safe Councils play a critical role in keeping their communities safe, such as implementing homeowner training on defensible space and working to reduce the amount of potential fuel in local neighborhoods. Californians can also learn ways to prepare themselves and their community for wildfire by watching 7 Saturdays to a More Fire-Resistant Home, a digital series preparing customers for fire season.
These educational resources feature five Fire Safe Councils:
Diablo Fire Safe Council
- FireSafe Santa Cruz
Butte County Fire Safe Council
To learn more ways to prepare your home for wildfire season and other emergencies, visit safetyactioncenter.pge.com to learn more.