VMware Advances Its Anywhere Workspace Platform To Enable Intelligent, Proactive Security for All Employee Devices
- Comprehensive Mobile Security with
- New Update Management Capabilities Helps Automate Windows Device Management
- Workspace ONE Mobile Threat Defense for advanced mobile device security
- Enhanced update/patch management features for Windows OS devices
“As the frequency and sophistication of threats continue to intensify, IT teams need a way to proactively detect threats across the entire device population and respond quickly. That is a tall order for taxed IT and Sec-Ops teams,” said
Best In Class Security for Mobile Devices
Today’s mobile threat landscape is diverse, and mobile workstyles call for specialized protection from phishing and application, device, and rogue network originated threats. VMware Workspace ONE Mobile Threat Defense, a new add-on to the industry-leading Workspace ONE UEM platform, takes mobile protection to the next level. It incorporates mobile security technologies from Lookout, a leader in the space. The solution aims to address:
- Application-based threats including mobile malware, app vulnerabilities, and risky application behaviors and configurations.
- Web and content vulnerabilities exposed through phishing via email, SMS, and messaging apps. This includes malicious URLs; malicious web pages, videos, and photos; and web and content behaviors and configurations.
- Zero-day threats and device vulnerabilities including jailbreak and root access detection. Device risk including OS version and update adoption.
- Machine-in-the-middle attacks and risky behaviors such as SSL certificate stripping; forcing weaker algorithm negotiation; anomalous application network connection activity; and vulnerabilities associated with rogue Wi-Fi.
Application, device, and network protection via Workspace ONE Mobile Threat Defense can be activated within Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub. For IT, this means there are no separate apps or agents to download or deploy, and vital information – including alerts and suggested resolutions – is conveyed via a resource that employees use for daily work.
To learn more about Workspace ONE Mobile Threat Defense, read this blog.
Simplifying Windows OS Update Management
As employees embrace hybrid workstyles, traditional network-based solutions are inadequate for securing PCs against vulnerabilities. Workspace ONE combines cloud-native Windows 10 and Windows 11 management with intelligent automation to help IT more seamlessly secure PCs alongside every other endpoint, from anywhere.
Flexibility is an inherent feature of the new Workspace ONE Updates Lifecycle, where critical updates can be automated via approval groups, while admins retain control to hand test patches more likely to create issues. Further enhancements include ability for IT admins to:
- Patch OS versions, apps and drivers together, anytime, no matter if the device is on or off the company network
- Use analytics to determine if there are compatibility issues prior to pushing an update
- Define when updates are installed enabling timely rollout with least disruption to user experience
- Pause or roll back patches that are creating issues
- Create smart distribution rings that scale out based on desired SLAs
- Automate advanced tasks such as uninstalls, reboots, and necessary clean up tasks
- Communicate and delegate appropriate actions to Sec-Ops team via granular roles-based access controls
- Track progress via greatly improved logging, visualization, and custom dashboards
To learn more about these new update management capabilities, read this blog.
IT Teams Enable Secure Anywhere Work with Workspace ONE
Accent Micro Technologies (AMTI) is a technology solutions and systems provider in
swisspro is a provider of electrical installation, information and communications technology (ICT), and automation services.
Zoom provides a communications platform where people can connect, share ideas, make plans, and more.
- Learn more about Workspace ONE, VMware’s Anywhere Workspace platform
- Bookmark the VMware End-User Computing blog
- Follow all Workspace ONE updates on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-